Source for leather tools

Last side I "bought"Through My saddle maker friend was $185 after discount. he can buy 5 sides and get a discount. He buys 13 to 15 oz for saddles and splits it down to 9 to 10 oz when he makes knife sheaths. Either Wickett and Craig or Herman Oak I get seconds which work well. Any bad surface can be used or welts or belt loops.

I hear you Mike! I am trying to prepare for the sticker shock! I have always heard nothing but good about W & C!!!

C Craft - I get my leather from Wickett and Craig. I used to get it at Tandy. I noticed a considerable difference in quality and selection with WC. It is just better leather. Which makes for better leather goods. Definitely a step up.

If you go to their website and follow the tab to purchase they have an "overstock" section. If you are good with bellies, they are fairly cheap. And from time to time - you can find a pretty good deal on sides/shoulders.

I will say this, WC has a friendly sales staff. I dealt with Dave McCracken and he called me back after the purchase on two occasions just to be sure I received the package and every thing was good. You will like WC!

My first real sheath will be for the KITH so I'm real nervous. Saw that Kentucky leather and hide is having a huge 50% off sale. I haven't looked yet and don't know if they have what your looking for or their quality.

Tandy I've seen is tanned in Argentina. Does not mean bad but most would not take the oil like W&C OR Herman. It stayed white

Wickett and Craig has always been nice and very helpful! I just have to take my heart medicine before I buy! :p

I found a good bunch of tools on eBay under proleathercarver. He has Barry King stamps plus a lot of other cheaper stamps.
Shhhhh don't mention eBay as I just bought several items!! :mad::p:p:p

Mike maybe I am doing something wrong but I can't get the seller proleathercarver to pop up on eBay!!

Ah ha, the s makes a difference found him! A quick glance says this is worth looking at!!

Thanks Mike!!

I've been working with leather for a long time and honestly, besides the specialty makers, Tandy is about the best game in town. Now having said that, you can get some incredible deals on sleezebay. I see lots of stamping tools sell dirt cheap. As in cents per tool. If you aren't looking for anything specific just new tools to work into it's a great way to pick up tools.

Back