!st kitchen knife

Adam Pound

My first kitchen knife.
6" long, 1.5" wide, 3/16" thick 1084 with Zebrano wood handle scales. Hand made brass bolsters.
Slices through tomatoes like a dream! Wasn't sure how hard getting a zero edge on that thickness was going to work, but it came out fine.
A plus is that when cutting through frozen chicken, I get more thickness on the spine to put a bit of push onto it.
Quite happy with it.kitchen1.jpgkitchen 2.jpg

A good robust knife like this is a very handy tool in the kitchen for breaking down frozen meats and splitting ribs, etc. Also excellent on fish for making steaks because you can split the backbone.

I really like that handle. The shape appears like it would be very comfortable and the wood is beautiful.

I really like that handle. The shape appears like it would be very comfortable and the wood is beautiful.
Thanks John. Zebrano is a good looking wood, and polishes quite nicely. The handle is very comfortable, and is designed to be used with fingers on the bolster. I have found that I get pretty nice control over the cuts this way. I will definitely be making more like this.

Back