Still here, life is busy!

Justin Presson

Hey guys,
I have been missing in action for quite some time on here and Instagram. I looked on my Instagram account and it was May the last time I posted. I took a new job last year and has had me working more hours...alot more hours and of course my kids are getting older and more active, I'm coaching my sons flag football team which is a blast(we are 5-2) then the wife and I have been looking to move out of town for the last year. Finally we found a nice older home on an awesome 3.5 acres just outside of town about 2 miles so we are in the process of moving! I'm hoping once we are moved and settled I can get back to making knives and be more active in the knife community again. I do miss it. I have a few sitting on my bench that need to be finished and I want to tackle some more folders.
Anyway just had to let you all know what's going on and share the news that Presson Knives will soon have a new work shop....again :)

Hey guys,
I have been missing in action for quite some time on here and Instagram. I looked on my Instagram account and it was May the last time I posted. I took a new job last year and has had me working more hours...alot more hours and of course my kids are getting older and more active, I'm coaching my sons flag football team which is a blast(we are 5-2) then the wife and I have been looking to move out of town for the last year. Finally we found a nice older home on an awesome 3.5 acres just outside of town about 2 miles so we are in the process of moving! I'm hoping once we are moved and settled I can get back to making knives and be more active in the knife community again. I do miss it. I have a few sitting on my bench that need to be finished and I want to tackle some more folders.
Anyway just had to let you all know what's going on and share the news that Presson Knives will soon have a new work shop....again :)
You have a lot of ‘better’ priorities going on!
Good luck with the move and keep us posted!

Enjoy your kids. They will be grow and gone before you know it. The knives and workshop will be there.
Those are some true words Randy. I find myself as I get older realize more and more how important the next 10 years are in my life and my kids life. These are those years people say you never get back. I even signed up to coach his parks and rec basketball team too! As long as he wants to play a sport and wants his dad to coach it I'm all in!

It’s good to hear from you, Justin. You’ve been missed around here.

I’m glad that the reason you’ve been AWOL is because you have your priorities in order. Man, time only moves faster. When my kids were small I thought time was flying by. Now that they’re teenagers I feel like time is spinning out of control and I can’t slow it down. Like you, I coach my daughter’s team and that has proven to be the greatest decision I ever made. I get to spend that time with her and it’s “our thing” we do together.

I look forward to seeing you turning out knives again!

I finished moving today....talk about a shop in shambles. I looked today for 15 minutes and still did not find my cordless impact drill...lol. Looking forward to catching up on everyone's work.

I'm glad to share in a forum with you folks. I started making knives in 2012-13. That's near seven years as a new maker. I've gone months at a time hitting it hard to the neglect (maybe) of priorities. But not recently. I've heard knifemaking likened to an addiction. It sure can be In the way it can steal from priorities if one isn't careful. There's times I've got to set aside what I want to accomplish for the sake of this family I got. I never thought I'd ever have this. I don't want my knifemaking to steal it.

Looking forward to seeing your work. When I was working I rarely had time to make knives. I've made 8 knives (9 if you count the one I'm working on now)that I will admit to since I started this knifemaking hobby/madness/addiction about ten years ago. Even now that I'm retired, I find there are other things that still have priority.

Back