stuck 3 in the fire today.

slatroni

Here is a pic of three tactical knives I cooked today. 3tacticals.jpg And here is a sharp finger for my neighbor and technical adviser.bills knife.jpg He is a retired Sheriff and doesn't know I am making it for him. This ought to be fun!

Anthony I am stuck on 1095. I think I am going to pick out the best hamon and use a nice piece of Koa. I have sold this pattern before but with black micarta.

I just started using 1095, in lieu of O1 all the time, but I haven't tried a hamon yet. I've still got a bunch of O1 and I like it, but I got a big sheet of 1095 for my laser run. I'll be watching, be sure to post finished pics!

I wont get back to them till next weekend, but for sure I will post up some pics. Check out the pic of the sharp finger (above) that is how I apply the clay. After the quench the clay falls off, or I brush off what didn't come off before they go into the oven. You can see the harmon on the three blades. It will disappear when I do the finish grind but reappear when I do the etch. Kinda cool hu? LOL!

Looks like a hot time at your place. Next weekend? What are you one of us who works a regular job to pay for the hobby? Look forward to the update.

Well, it looks like someone has been playing in the mud. Waiting to see the finished knives. It was always nice to get home from work and go to the shop to loosen up and unravel the nerves. Looking good.

Back