Students work

Cubane

About every 3 months or so I run a course teaching how to make slipjoints. For many of the students it will be the first knives they have ever made. These are the results of the 4th course I have run. We start on a friday night with some theory, the plans for the weekend and starting on layout and cutting out the blanks. Saturday is everything up to and including heat treat. Sunday is finishing everything up. Both full days were very long 8am to 7pm but all 3 managed to finish 2 knives.

Here they are

c4_open.jpg

c4_closed.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Alistair

Cheers guys. Each course I run I learn more about teaching them as well. There are a lot of different personality types that come along as well so figuring out how to explain things to them is a trick to learn as well. On the first course I ran this year I was telling them they have made more knives than me this year once they had finished 2 of them :D

Alistair

Alistair, It is nice to see that you are able to share your talents and teach others the craft of knife making. Looks like you taught them well. Dan

great job ,how did you get the student always been willing to teach but there never seems to be anyone who will give the time TO LEARN.

Back