Surface grinder up and running...

bladegrinder

I finally got my surface grinder running in what's going to be my new shop. I wanted it out away from the walls so I did a 10-4 SOOW cord dropping down from the ceiling feeding what I call a "floating 30 amp sub panel." with the VFD powered with 220, the oil pump in the grinder with 110 and four 110 receptacles. in the future their will be a floor drill press and a metal cutting bandsaw coming off it. I'll be doing another drop cord on the other side of the shop later for more things.
I've been hunting here so haven't had time to program the vfd but I have it set to ramp up to 50 hertz in 7 seconds and come to a stop in 7 seconds so that's all I really need, hit the go button and hit the stop button. dressed the wheel and surfaced a piece of scrap today, it came out great.
sometime this weekend I'm doing a piece of Damasteel.

X2Fb6Z3.jpg

Very nice setup, Steve. Drop boxes are perfect. So easy to relocate the panels if you want to rearrange later. Better claim all that space before the wife does!

Thanks guy's, I'm trying to do everything right with this shop build and should have most all of the wiring done this weekend.
I've got friggin 110 outlets everywhere in the building so I got that covered.
my main bench is about 20' long with 110 outlets and three 220 outlets for two grinders and the heat treat oven.

The wife is pretty aware that this is going to be my shop, not somewhere to store old furniture, we made an agreement, she can do what she wants in the house but the shop is mine. I am building a loft for some overflow crap that needs storing though.

A tip for anyone building something like this in the future, instead of romex wire, use bx metal clad wiring. it only cost a little more and you'll never have to worry about mice or anything damaging the wiring.

Back