t-rex plumbing question

soundmind

KNIFE MAKER
I've got a t-rex and want to run the propane plumbing right.

Is temperature control the benefit for this set up with the needle valve? http://hybridburners.com/pics/idle-full.jpg

Also what's the firing order?
I can see how it would work during operation, but I don't completely understand the use of the ball valves and the needle valve loop when lighting and turning off.

Thanks in advance.
Luke

That is a drawing from the picture of the Dragon Forge in Tennessee of my forge on the Customer Comments page. The needle valve is for an idler circuit, so that you can turn down the gas consumption when not needing full heat. I did not find this useful. I would forget to go to it while the metal was out and I was forging.
In this drawing the first ball valve should be between the regulator and the brass Tee for quick shut off and on and so that no gas could go by. To light the forge the tank valve would be open and the ball valve closed, the ignition flam would be introduced, then the ball valve opened. The second ball valve is only needed if there are multiple burners and you would have one valve for each burner in order to be able to run either one or both.

Let me know if I can help you.

Hi Wayne, I hadn't got back to you and Doug yet on your help from about a year ago. Can't believe its been almost that long since I've been able to try again with this thing. Life stuff has kept me from being settled in one place right now. Thanks for replying.

I'm almost ready to start Heat Treating, have the Thermocouple on the forge and ready to plumb in. I needed to know if I needed to follow this schematic for best temp control.

I had just guessed if the needle valve was for that. So it looks like my temp control is going to come from the adjustable regulator?

Back