t-shirts + hats

franklin

Do you guys think it is a good ideal to do them for advertisement? Was thinking of doing up some shirts and hats (but) do you think they pay off in the long run?
Help cant make up my mind have design all made up but don't now.

Larry,
I have had my Rhino Custom Knives Hats with my avatar logo for years and YES! They have paid off well.

No so much in direct sales though I know some do well at that, mine have been wearing them along with my shirts with the over the breast pocket logo.

I have had folks as me about them and that has lead to a few sales and a lot of sharpening.

Also I like to spiff a good customer with one of my caps on a multiple knife sale or just cause I feel like it!. Sometimes a older lady will buy one of my culinary blades and I will gift their son or daughter etc.

I sent a few of my camp/hunter custom knives to a fire base in Afghanistan for a Superbowl party the guys had there. I included a couple of my hats which the Sargent that had contacted me and organized the event told me the soldiers really appreciate. He sent me back a picture of a young soldier that was very happy wearing one of my Rhino Caps. So there are many good things you can do with them besides just sell them and all marketing will add up in your favor.

Also there is nothing better than having others advertise for you!

here is what I came up with. So far a lot of good feed back.
What do you guys think? Thanks Laurence I see what you mean.

Attachments

• tshirt 2.jpg
    tshirt 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 58
  • t shirt design.jpg
    t shirt design.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I am looking for my hats as I write this. I a prior business I had they proved to be effective advertising for me. I also gifted way more than I sold. I typically gave them to girls that visited the trade shows I was at. Also all R/C car racers got one too.

I found that a darker solid color with white lettering and my logotype worked best. I'm looking at a dark grey hat with white letters for my bladesmithing. Light silver or grey Shirt with pocket and black letters for me and staff, possibility polo style. I do not plan on T-shirts for sale or give aways at this time.

Bottom line I believe in their power as a advertising tool, not a money maker.

I like the back of your design, the front looks very busy to me.

Last edited:
Larry,
The front is a little busy on your shirts and the two Tree logos look like what Boker knives brand has had for a long time?

Desert Tan with black lettering for Rhinos!

Have not noticed the boker thing will take a look. Yup the front is busy I hate shirts with just the little logo on front always thought
it looked dull and boring wanted something to stand out and be noticed. Thanks arock looking into what I want the hats to look like yet will let you now when I get one mocked up.

Well did not think the trees would cross any line but did change, Think it still looks good.

Attachments

• ImageProxy.jpg
    ImageProxy.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 24
Franklin, I'm working on my own shirts right now and I had a mock up much like yours and was told by a designer friend of mine that it was too busy and confusing. In short he said that my name and product was not at all clear.

Larry,
I'aam not sure what the Maple leaves have to do with it? Simple is better! Name, Logo and maybe town or
These days, franklinknives.com with your logo on top would be clean & informative.

I like it with the anvils on either side but I don't own my own business so keep that in mind

Larry,
give this a try: Bigger lettering on front. just the writing and star pattern below. On the back, bigger writing and just the crossed blades. JMO.....

The maple leaf is on my logo. I have tried this many different ways like the bigger letters or to get rid of some stuff and nothing looks good to me so far but this.
Seems like if I go simple its just to dang boring to me. I have gone through 20 designs so far and it won't be done till the knife maker sings :) thanks for the comments.

Well did not think the trees would cross any line but did change, Think it still looks good.

That five pointed star, makes me think you will get lots of emails about making throwing stars to broke HS kids

Re the maple leaves, unless you are Canadian, or it's part of your name - what's it supposed to mean ?

Back