Talcum powder substitute?

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
The dollar store near me no longer carries talc only...it is all medicated now...and a lot is corn starch. What can I use in the furnace to keep steel from sticking together? I don't feel like experimenting with menthol, or aloe, corn starch, etc...

Shoulda bought all they had...when the had it...

I use Johnsons baby powder Ted, ingredients....talc, fragrance.
be sure to read the ingredients, I think they make another kind with corn starch.

Yeah, they are getting sued because they've been selling talcum powder that contained asbestos. Sooo, might want to try something else. I can't imagine burning off asbestos is too good for you?

Yeah, they are getting sued because they've been selling talcum powder that contained asbestos. Sooo, might want to try something else. I can't imagine burning off asbestos is too good for you?

Exactly. It turns out that talc and asbestos are both minerals that form in the same places, so basically almost all talc has some trace asbestos in it and there’s no good way to get it out. The link to ovarian cancer seems tenuous, but court decisions are what influences the future and Johnson’s was aware that courts had ruled in favor of the link and continued to take the risk of selling talc baby powder.

Talc is used as a lube in farm seeding...It's called "seed talc" or "farmtalc" and is cheap...I was trying not to buy a 5 gallon bucket though....and get something today...lol.

...also discovered talc is used as filler in body work with epoxy....as John said...it isn't going anywhere...

Back