Taz575 Photo Gallery

Taz575

Figured I would post some of my stuff here! I started off in the late 90's with a 1x30 and upgraded to a Grizzly 2x72. Stopped around 2003/2004, started up again around 2010 with kits and then started grinding my own blades on a KMG, stopped around 2015. Started back up with kits again in 2019 and got my AmeriBrade Fastback set up in Feb 2021 and have been running since!

3 in AEB-L from stuff I had hardened back in 2014 and never ground out:
aebl uc.jpgbb1.jpgAEBl slice.jpg

AEB-L 115mm K tip petty knife:
k tip petty aebl 115.jpg
2, 9" AEBL fillet knives with my custom fabric handles:
fillet aebl.jpg

Elmax EDC for a fisherman with my custom fabric handles:
BWC Elmax.jpg

5160 camp knife/chopper, micarta handle. First larger chopper type knife, around a 6.5" blade:
chopper.jpg

Bunch of EDC/Hunting Knives I made. Top is CPM S35VN and a G Carta handle, 2nd is Alabama Damascus and micarta, 3rd is AEB-L and Damagrip, 4th is AEB-L and micarta I got from WoodCraft, 5th is Elmax and camo linen micarta. Last is D2 and USA camo fabric grip I made.

6 customs.jpg

2 Alabama Damascus 190-200mm santoku:
2adg.jpg

D2 and ironwood. My first non stabilized wood handle since my allergies blew up in late 2014!
D2 DI.jpg

Nitro V 200mm Funayuki with red g10 and carbon fiber handle material I made; went to a KITH on another forum:
KITH.jpg

2 Alabama Damascus gyuto/santoku I did with my custom fabric handles:
2 ADS.jpg

3" EDC blade, Alabama damascus and ironwood:
ADS and DI.jpg

2 stubby 2.25" hunting knives in AEB-L and G10 sureTouch:
stubs2.jpg

Big one is 80CRV2, 7" blade, small is a 3" Elmax blade, both have carbon fiber/burlap fabric handle material that I make:
pair2.jpg

2nd Nitro V Funayuki with a handle made from a quilting jelly roll. Very happy with this profile, tang/handle junction and performance from the grind!
Nitro V 205mm funayuki.jpg
Choil shot of the Funayuki:
NV 205 Choil.jpg

White #1 San Mai 210mm funayuki, 64 HRC on the core! M2 composit and carbon fiber burl handle:
CFBF3.jpg

Choil shot of this one:
Funy1 choil.jpg

3" 5160 chisel pry knife with glow in the dark burlap handles that I made:
CPK2.jpg

and glowing:
cpk glow.jpg

3 EDC blades I finished up last week! Orange G10 SureTouch on 2 of them in CPM S35VN and D2 with a Vintage tri color canvas micarta handle. Blades are around 3 1/8" to 3.25".
3 EDC.jpg

CPM 3V, 4" blades. One full flat grind with distal taper, 1/8" thick, the other is .155" thick at the spine, scandivex grind. Both have black canvas micarta scales, mosaic pins and stainless lanyard tubes.3V BB.jpg

52100, 10" gyuto with a S Grind, homemade micarta fabric handle:
s grind.jpg

50100B 170mm petty with walnut handle and curly maple saya:
20100b petty saya.jpg

CPM 3V, drop point with G Carta Idaho Woodsman handles, mosaics:
3v woodsman.jpg

Shechita in CPM 20CV, 17.75" cutting edge, 2.4" wide with black Micarta handle. Customer ordered 2 more in CPM S90V and 3 chicken sized Shechita in S90V as well!
Shechita 20cv.jpg

2, 9" Nitro V Fillet knives with Black/Blue G10 SureTouch handles:
9 nv fillet.jpg

CPM 20CV EDC, 2.75" blade, canvas micarta frame handle, black g10 guard:CPM 20CV EDC.jpg

6 more ZYG memorial fillet knives, 7" Nitro V blades, but 6" cutting edge and black/blue G10 SureTouch handles:
ZYG Thunder part 2.jpg

You had been very productive, well done!
I have never heard of a Shechita before. Would you mind telling more about the origen and what it is used for?

The Shechita is a Kosher Slaughter Knife. They entail rectangular blades, wide for their length and often come in 3 sizes: small for poultry, medium for lamb/goats and large for cows. They need to be stupidly sharp, no nicks or any damage to the edge, the spine of the blade outside of the neck when making the cut and make the cut in one motion. This is to ensure the animal feels no pain during the process. They also need a fairly high level of finish on the blade so there is no drag. The big one took me 12 hours of grinding and polishing and I took it up to a half micron edge.

The Shechita is a Kosher Slaughter Knife. They entail rectangular blades, wide for their length and often come in 3 sizes: small for poultry, medium for lamb/goats and large for cows. They need to be stupidly sharp, no nicks or any damage to the edge, the spine of the blade outside of the neck when making the cut and make the cut in one motion. This is to ensure the animal feels no pain during the process. They also need a fairly high level of finish on the blade so there is no drag. The big one took me 12 hours of grinding and polishing and I took it up to a half micron edge.
It turned out fantastic. After 12 hours on a blade like that, I bet those smaller knives felt like a cake walk.

(Cake walk? Isn't that the saying?)

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Yeah, the little 2.75" CPM 20CV went much quicker! LOL. But the customer ordered 2 more large Shechita in CPM S90V and 3 smaller chicken Shechita with around 5" blades in S90V as well. Almost $400 in steel for those 5 blades! LOL. I am a glutton for punishment!

4" Magnacut drop points, orange Suretouch on one, blue camo on the other:
MCoh.jpg
bwc hunter - Copy.jpg

4 Magnacut EDC's for my nephews, blue/green camo handles:
MCBGC2.jpg

4" Nitro V bird and trout with rainbow trout scales:
HWBT.jpg

4" Nitro V drop point and a small tuna bleeder, also in Nitro V and blue camo handles:
tunas.jpg

AEB-L Pokers with OD Green SureTouch handles. Left is the trainer (no edge, rounded tip) and right is the live blade:
pokey.jpg

I am loving Magnacut! I have done a 210mm kitchen knife and the 6 blades here. It takes a wicked fine edge and holds it very well, and strops right back to stupid sharp. Not too bad to work and finishes well, too! Price isnt much more per knife than S35vn or cpm154.

Back