Thanks again, Smithy

Bill Hubbell

KNIFE MAKER
I'm not sure if I put this in the right place. or if I should not have started a new thread.... This is really a thanks to all who have offered me insight in the last year, but it all kind of started with Smithy in December of 2014. I had only belonged to KnifeDogs for a half hour when he offered to ship free blanks of Missouri oak to whoever asked. I asked, and he sent two pairs. One, I passed on to a young guy who was making his first knife in my shop, with what help I could offer. The other pair I am just now using. They are on this knife- stock removal, from a ferrier's rasp. I think the wood is just right for it, and can't wait to see what the grain looks like when I get the handles shaped and sealed. The wood seems very tough/hard.
L1.jpgR1.jpgL3.jpgL Scale.jpg

I should also put in a plug for the Bruce Bump file guide shown here- this is the first time I used it and it's great!

Anyway, thanks again to all you guys here. In the last year or so, I've been helped by way too many to list.
Keep on doing what you do!
Bill

Last edited:
Both gentlemen you mentioned are are great people. I too received 2 pieces from Smithy. Great wood and finishes very nicely.

Nice looking knife you're making. Good luck with your journey down this path.

The 2, I made using Smithy's gift.

rps20151221_154457.jpg

rps20151221_154339.jpg

Hi Bill,
You've got a good start at what could be a long love affair with custom knives.
Thanks for the mention on our file guide too.

Back