Thanks to your keen eye and comments the upgraded ERU sharpener.

Fred Rowe

Its been three or four months since we introduced the first run of ERU sharpeners. Being a carbide "V" style sharpener we knew we would be slogging uphill. bringing this sharpener to market.
We posted on the forums looking for the broadest review and most critical eyes. We got hundreds of comments and tens of thousands of views. It was great; even if it was grueling.

The vast majority of new patents are for "improvements" made on an old theme; the Carbide "V" sharpener has needed a boost into the modern world of knives for a long, long time.
The ERU I believe, has succeeded; an old sad idea, with a modern face. Extremely accurate degree settings, precision sharpening with portability in a compact shape.

Thanks to the people on this knife forum and others for their critical eye and sound advice in making these improvements.

1. We now lap the surfaces of the carbide inserts on a diamond plate with a machined guide; the result is a perfectly square abrasive surface that is set relative to the tool itself.

2. A guide pin has been added which makes alignment of the blade in the "V" easier.

3. A more spacious leather sheath has been added which makes it easier to remove and insert the sharpener.
DSC02235.JPG

DSC02238.JPG
DSC02243.JPG

The upgraded ERU's are a vast improvement over the first run in the edge they produce and the ease of operation. I am lapping them in 350 grit as well as 600 grit. The combination of the two
makes a great sharpening package.

This next run of 50 ERU's will be in the for sale forum in a week or ten days. PM me if you want one out of this run.

We thank you for all of your comments, Fred

Last edited:
Back