This years St Jude sheath

roughcountry

Time again for my highest paying leatherwork of the year. Don't get a dime but sure pays big time in good feelings.

This year I was asked to be part of a group effort on a knife & sheath. Not being much of a bladesmith I got the nod for the leatherwork. This is for a annual auction that a gang of traditional archers have every year. It's lode's of fun and a good time is had by all. Best thing, it go's to help sick kids.

This year Lin Rhea, Karl Anderson, Doug Campbell and I went together on a knife-sheath comb.
Here's a couple pics of the sheath. I'm sure Lin will have some pro photos of the knife on line in a few days. It's on the way back to him now.
jude006.jpg
jude007.jpg

roughcountry,
Beautiful leather work!!! And it looks like you are surrounded with beauty. Nice ranch. Wade

Fabulous work!!! Will you add the knife pics to this thread once you get them? I'd love to see what the rest of it looks like too...

Thanks guys
It's the green time of year Wade.
Brad, I think I have a pic of the blade. I'll get it on tonight.

Beautiful work, Robin......even better, the generosity with time and talent from each of you guys for such a worthy cause.:35::thumbup:

Paul

Thanks Paul, Mike and Mark, this auction for kids is a hi point every year for me.

Brad, this is the best picture I have of the blade. Lin will have a pro job soon.
jude001.jpg

I saw the project shaping up over at tradgang, and you folks did a fantastic job.

Hats off to you, Craig

Thanks Craig.
Doug Campbell is coming down for a visit next monday. I'll ask him how you do that link thing for anyone who wants to see the real guys of this project do the big work.

We might be a little pressed for time( we plan on touring hunting country and a visit with Bruce Bump inc.)

How about that, fun scouting. Please say hi and pass along to Doug that the knife came out great.

You did a ton of 'big work' on the project, Craig

Outstanding sheath work, Robin. Terrific carving for a terrific cause. Please tell the other fellers what a fantastic job they have done, also.

Craig, I'll pass it along to Doug. He's been a good bud for awhile now, only one of the bladesmiths I've met in person.

Thanks Denny and KT for the nice compliments. RS

My all time favorite style of Bowie knife, and you made one heck of a sheath for it!! Well done!!

Thanks Leatherman, Lin, Karl & Doug did on heck of a job on that blade. You know you got a holt of something when you grab it.

Theres few people that carve leather better than Robin. You guys sure went all out on this auction bowie, I hope it goes for thousands. Beautiful package.

Thanks Cliff and Bruce.

Looking forward to visiting your shop next week Bruce. I'll try to keep the questions down from last time. I only have 2096 so far :^)

Back