Tool Question

smithy

I closed my studio a year ago and have some tools that I don't know if they will be useful as a new hobby maker.

A Uni-mat lathe (with all the accessories. It is a mini lathe that is great for small work.

A dual inlet dust collector (Velocity)with adjustable hoods that allow individual positioning.

A 20 ton desktop hydraulic press (Bonnie Doon), with tooling.

These were used for making jewelry. I will never be a full time maker. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. As always TIA...Teddy

No, I'm not kidding. At my age (70) I would rather pass them on if I can't use them, rather than have them sold at a Saturday afternoon auction. ...Teddy

The only thing I use my lathe for is to make bushings for folders.

The others will be more useful for knifemaking.

By the way, you ain't old enough to worry about passing on.

No, I'm not kidding. At my age (70) I would rather pass them on if I can't use them, rather than have them sold at a Saturday afternoon auction. ...Teddy

I understand, once I get a tool I have a hard time letting it go even if I don't use it, always afraid that as soon as it's gone I'll need it.

I always wanted a unimat, finally got a mini lath a couple of yrs. ago (I'm 63) I turn handle pins ,pommels , plan to do a fairbain sikes type handle.

I think Bruce Bump wants a bench top press, and dust is all ways unwanted.

Never sell your lathe until you can't stand up to use it any more, still have a 14"x40" lathe, would have bought a Prazi yesterday if I could sell some knives and I am 78. Deane

I understand, once I get a tool I have a hard time letting it go even if I don't use it, always afraid that as soon as it's gone I'll need it.

I always wanted a unimat, finally got a mini lath a couple of yrs. ago (I'm 63) I turn handle pins ,pommels , plan to do a fairbain sikes type handle.

I think Bruce Bump wants a bench top press, and dust is all ways unwanted.

I may be interested in the press, can you shoot me an email?

Teddy, if you are seriously thinking of getting rid of your Un-Mat let me know am broke as usual seems kike every thing I go to buy is gold plated. What I am going to try and do is make some damascus watch cases for the old works the scrapers are taking the great old cases from, do have two shelves of knives in my safe for trading material. Just bought two jewelers lathes but don't think they will do what I want and the accessories are an arm and leg. Deane

Back