Twilight Zone design....Submitted for your approval.....

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
I'm trying to design a knife a week....to keep in the creative flow....here's the latest.

here's a sketch of a knife that I copied from A LOT of you....some of you will recognize your work...lol. Putting a bunch of nice details together does not mean it will be the prettiest girl on the block....I'm okay with that...the goal this morning was to use little distinct design "flavors" that I appreciate from the knife makers on this forum. I think this could be a really good knife...critique away as this is a "lego" knife....I used your blocks to build it...lol.

The only distinction that I add (which I learned from Scott Livesey) is to make it thinner first before assuming 3/16 is a must. It'll be 1/8 on the first go around...i make slicers not pry bars....lol

frankie.jpg

The only comment I might make is that I have found the thumb rest can be quite a bit lower and still serve the function as intended which would tak some of the "swoopy" look from the design and still perform the function - unless that is exactly the way you want it to look, in which case disregard this critique.

Design a knife a week?!?!?!

I might change my username to Motor City Slacker.

I'm lucky to finish a knife a month.

Don't feel like a slacker...

Designing and MAKING are two different things....when I was in Jr High---on....I would "doodle" knives...so from about age 13 on...was sketching knives. It is almost a habit.

The little cowboy knife I make was designed during a church board meeting on the back of a church bulletin...lol...with a Montana cowboy whispering across the table...."Smaller...." after the third smaller he whispered..."Perfect....!" That's pretty much what I ended up with...

.....I have saved myself HOURS of boredom by drawing knives....This was actually difficult for me as I was not dialing my own style...at least not trying to....

"Mutated neo-Nessmuk "
love it!

I really like it Ted.
It looks like it would be a very reliable and hard use knife and looking comfortable doing it.

Back