Two Unfinished - better pics

Kevin Zito

KNIFE MAKER
Theses are unfinished, shameless direct copies (with permission) of @J. Doyle ’s patch knives. Both blades are 154 cm, and both handles are desert ironwood. I put a small amount of file work on the spines of each knife to add a little bling and to provide some extra grip as well. The darker handle knife has a take down design. Threaded press fit sleeves in the tang and screws allow the user to take the knife apart for cleaning. All of this is 100% possible because of @J. Doyle ’s help and guidance. He’s a true friend, great guy, and a fantastic teacher. I can’t thank him enough. Thanks for looking. Z

Attachments

• CAEED8BD-62AB-4EB7-B2A5-AEDF2D564EDF.jpeg
    CAEED8BD-62AB-4EB7-B2A5-AEDF2D564EDF.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 3DED10BA-630D-4C09-9044-CC1B33C490F5.jpeg
    3DED10BA-630D-4C09-9044-CC1B33C490F5.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 6A8FADCA-EB32-4945-886F-16D4A4E41E1F.jpeg
    6A8FADCA-EB32-4945-886F-16D4A4E41E1F.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 64
  • AC47AF44-E2BB-4637-B256-7B1AF71A724F.jpeg
    AC47AF44-E2BB-4637-B256-7B1AF71A724F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • CEE432E8-B9A7-40BC-A7EC-DD23DF9974F7.jpeg
    CEE432E8-B9A7-40BC-A7EC-DD23DF9974F7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Theses are unfinished, shameless direct copies (with permission) of @J. Doyle ’s patch knives. Both blades are 154 cm, and both handles are desert ironwood. I put a small amount of file work on the spines of each knife to add a little bling and to provide some extra grip as well. The darker handle knife has a take down design. Threaded press fit sleeves in the tang and screws allow the user to take the knife apart for cleaning. All of this is 100% possible because of @J. Doyle ’s help and guidance. He’s a true friend, great guy, and a fantastic teacher. I can’t thank him enough. Thanks for looking. Z
Looking good man! Can't wait to see these finished.

Let me say that I've seen Kevin's knives progress a great deal in a short time.

And there's a reason for that. Kevin is pretty self aware and he sets pretty high standards for himself and his work. He knows where he wants to go with knifemaking and is always looking to improve. Not just saying he's looking to improve and then doing absolutely nothing to act on it.

Kevin is studying every little minute detail, learning everything he can, never fully satisfied with the last knife and is willing to work as hard as can to truly make better knives. He asks questions that sometimes have brutally honest answers and uses them as motivation to improve.

With a mindset and work ethic like that, I'm honored that he would even be inspired by my knives and ask me questions so I'm all too happy to help any way I can, totally free of charge.

Thanks, OP.
Let me say that I've seen Kevin's knives progress a great deal in a short time.

And there's a reason for that. Kevin is pretty self aware and he sets pretty high standards for himself and his work. He knows where he wants to go with knifemaking and is always looking to improve. Not just saying he's looking to improve and then doing absolutely nothing to act on it.

Kevin is studying every little minute detail, learning everything he can, never fully satisfied with the last knife and is willing to work as hard as can to truly make better knives. He asks questions that sometimes have brutally honest answers and uses them as motivation to improve.

With a mindset and work ethic like that, I'm honored that he would even be inspired by my knives and ask me questions so I'm all too happy to help any way I can, totally free of charge.
WOW! Thanks, John!!! this means a GREAT deal to me. Thank you!

Back