VFD Question- KBAC 24D

Mudman

Hey Dogs,

Sorry for the rookie question, but I am unfamiliar with electrical wiring and the VFD especially. I am in the process of wiring up my VFD to the motor, and wondered about grounding it. In the below photo, would it be okay to ground the motor to the red circle? Or would it be better to run it to the blue? I tried to find info on what that wire was, but cannot find anything in my manual labeling it. Rather than assuming, I wanted to check in here first.

Thank you,
Mud

Mine has (from the motor) Red to U, White to V and Black to W. I am no electrician, so I followed the instructions that came with mine to the letter. Hope this helps.

Bill

If that is a metal housing, then grounding to either circled "Ground" is just fine. If a plastic housing, then you should take ground wire to where the other green wire is connected. The point is to have all metal objects electrically connected together - ideally at a common point, but with a metal housing, either screw is just fine.

Ken H>

Either of those screws will ground the box. the one with the red circle is grounding the top to the bottom of the enclosure. There is a gasket that separates the top from the bottom so the need for the ground wire there, though the screws holding the top down to the bottom should also ground the tip.

Back