Vintage Puma folder.

Thev

Hi folks,

I have picked up a vintage Puma folder at a flea market and i am looking for any info about it and am wondering if it is worth restoring.

The main blade (clip point) is stamped "Stock Knife", "Pumamaster-steel" and "Puma Germany".

The knife has three blades--clip point, sheepsfoot and modified short blade.

Appreciate any information and comments.

Cheers--John.

Last edited:
John,

It's real hard to see the condition of the blades and bolsters and scales from here. Maybe if you got a little clearer picture of it, we could give a better opinion.:eek::Dhuh1

Just kiddin' with you. You probably haven't gotten any replys because no one can tell you anything about the knife without being able to see it.

Carey

Hello Carey, thanks for your comments.:)

I was thinking this Puma was just a popular production model that some collectors/restorers were familiar with, and could give a opinion if it was worth saving, eg: is it a quality knife, rare, valuable?

But Carey you are right, "a picture speaks a thousand words":D
I will try to post a photo real soon.

Cheers...John.

The photo as promised.

The date code 33073, says it was made in the 3rd quarter of 1970.

The scales are in good order exept for a small break on one side above centre pin.

Blades are well used and rusty but I will use a electro type process to remove the rust and I will expect pitting on blades.

I will appreciate any advise or comments.

Cheers..John.

Attachments

• vintage Puma 1.jpg
    vintage Puma 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 24
Yea boy that one is in rough shape! Looks like someone bought it and threw in the tackle box. Good luck with the restoration.

Back