Wearing a knife with braces.

LiamLynch

I don't ever wear a belt, my trousers are held up by braces at all times (not suspenders, those are for socks). How do you wear a knife with them, I don't want to put one in my pocket. What other wear options are there for a knife (fixed blade)?

According to the experts Gary Cooper here has excellent button placement, can't help with the knife placement.:5:

http://everythingaboutbraces.blogspot.com/2010/09/placement-of-brace-buttons.html

I got an idea, I wear carharts with suspenders and often thought of carrying a blade in the side pocket but with a button to hold the sheath from coming out. just put a button at the waste band instead.

CaryCooper2.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon it wants to be attached to the braces so as not to crumple the trouser. A frog that is buttoned to the inside of the waist and comes over the top? I don't mind altering trousers to fit. I want to mount a regular belt looped sheath sometimes though.

I use a metal belt clip from Tandy on my small EDC. It does a good job holding onto the top of my jeans, but it will tear up the fabric over a period of time.

Dick

Some of the older Scandinavian knife sheaths had a button hole on the back of them to use on your braces or coat button.
Might be worth experimenting with...

IJFish.gif

This one has a button hole on the back of the belt loop.

The button holes idea is a good one,
The kind of pant or Trouser material that one usually wears suspenders, Merino Wool or other Suit materials for instance, would wear and fray to easy with any metal or hard plastic rubbing against it.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I wear braces with all my trousers but I only wear a knife with combats because it is illegal to carry a knife without it being absolutely necessary. A button would be sewn on especially I think.

Being an old fat man I wear braces to keep my pants up. Belts just don't do it. However I fish and hunt and would love to have a belt to attach knives, pliers, cell phones, pistols, etc on. You guys got any ideas? I'm serious. This is a real problem

Being an old fat man I wear braces to keep my pants up. Belts just don't do it. However I fish and hunt and would love to have a belt to attach knives, pliers, cell phones, pistols, etc on. You guys got any ideas? I'm serious. This is a real problem

Cal,
Have some belt loops sewn onto your overalls or whatever you are wearing that will support a belt or wear a Sam Brown setup like we were just talking about on another thread.

It may look a bit strange? but you will only scare the fish and game so I wouldn't worry about it.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

How bout a fanny pac? When I'm out in the woods or out fishing from bank, many times I put everything I need into a medium sized fanny pac. I know others who wear them all the time instead of using their pockets.

Liam see if you can find a cell phone clip tandy leather sells them . You can rivot it on and no belt needed. later kellyw

Back