West System G Flex Epoxy

C Craft

Not trying to endorse any one adhesive here. I had a question about the product after a discussion on KD and so I contacted the company.

After some discussion back and forth we worked out what I was trying to understand about there products. I say products because they have many different formulations for pretty much any use you can imagine.

OK so this is what I started out to tell y'all about is there magazine. They publish a magazine with stories about the different uses of their many epoxies! Honestly there is little about knife making, we probably are a small part of their clientele. Even though they do not treat knife making that way!
Anyway back to the magazine it is a free publication. They often have stories about the boating industry, as well as furniture, and repair of this and that! You will learn about a lot of different product designed for different uses. I read stuff all the time and think, Wow I wish I had known about that back when I did "such N such" project.

Here is a link to one of there sites and it has a button for subscribing to their newsletter!
http://www.westsysteminternational.com/en/news/

Here is another link to one of their sites and this is actually the magazine you can do a download for one issue of their magazine. Or you can request it be sent to your address. Maybe I should say, when I say magazine, I am talking about a publication that is only 15 -20 pages. However it is free and they send right to me. Like I said, I am not promoting an epoxy, but I have read about some interesting projects!!
http://www.westsystem.com.au/west_system/epoxyworks_magazine

Wow! I just downloaded that free version of the magazine and it has some really cool articles in it. Thanks for sharing this, Cliff. Now I have printed rabbit holes to get lost in when I'm not on YouTube!

John, if you hit that first link I think they will send you a link to their magazine. What you said you downloaded was the issue for last month. They send it through the mail to my address. That way when I have time I can catch up on my reading!! Like I said I don't often see much strictly about the knife making but the other stuff morphs over into the knife making and often you can learn about other things. One thing I can say if you contact the company they will contact you back and give you specific instructions how to and will tell you which of their products is best for what you are planning on doing!!

One thing I can say if you contact the company they will contact you back and give you specific instructions how to and will tell you which of their products is best for what you are planning on doing!!

That's really good to know.

I love boats. One of these days when I want to take a break from knives- or whenever I decide to stop taking orders, I want to build a few. Start out with something fairly simple like a stitch and glue canoe and work up to a sailing dory.

Speaking of the tie-in to boats and stuff- a GREAT supplier of all things epoxy is Jamestown Distributors. We knife makers have more in common with boat builders than people realize. We build things with harsh environments in mind, and that is exactly the nature of a boat, especially a salt water boat. Looking to boat materials suppliers will surprise a lot of makers in how many things they can apply to knifemaking.

Back