What is the best for handles

Hello everyone. I am new to making knives and was woundering what was the best material to use for kitchen knives. I know you have to worry about germs and easy to clean etc. Also the best way to attach it, would 2part apoxy and pins be good enough. I would welcome any advice. Thanks

I prefer Micarta & G-10. Epoxy and pins will work fine. Corby bolts would be better, especially if they will be put in a dishwasher, which they shouldn't.

I specialize in culinary knives and use Stabilized woods, Kirinite which is a newer Material that Bossdog sells here that I now prefer over other synthetics. Micarta works well and so will G-10 but I won't use ether because of long term exposer problems. They are nasty stuff! Make sure you wear a respirator!
As far as pins go I use Loveless Style bolts and G-Flex two part epoxy along with a mosaic pin in the middle for looks.. Devcon Epoxy works too.

Here is a pic of one of my 5" Petty/Utility Kitchen Knives with Cal, Sycamore wood Stabilized & Loveless Bolts and a bit of Mosaic pin.

Epoxy GetInline.jpg

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back