Who's Going To The Oregon Knife Collectors Show

SPAknives

Hey Bruce, how's things been goin buddy? I was just curious if you are going to the OKCA show, & who else out there is going. I am pretty sure we are going to make it this year. I have not done this before but have always kinda wanted to. Now that the blade west show is no more my wife and I need another excuse to go to Oregon. Hope to see you all there.

Hi Shane,
The OKCA Show is still one of the best shows in the Northwest if you are at all interested in knives. It may not be the biggest money show but I never miss it. There are so many tables overloaded with historical knives of all kinds, huge collections you wont see anywhere else and genuine nice people. Its a huge club and on Friday only club members are allowed in the show which gives us makers a chance to see the show and pick up handle materials. Ivory, woods and stag was plentiful last year and at good prices too.
Pocket knives are by the thousands it seems. Slipjoints are everywhere. I did well on my debut of slipjoints and took some orders for delivery this year.
Raymond Richards is always there and usually demonstrates his forging skills. They have some other good seminars too.
I hope you two can make it.

Excellent!! Sounds good to me. I hope to see you there. Is Dana going to make it to this show, or maybe Graham? It would be cool to see you all again. How bout you Bing, are you gonna make it??

I doubt Dana is going. He's been using his vacation for JS knives so he can go to Blade this year. You going to Blade, you can be a Dana Hackney "Groupie" too?
Excellent!! Sounds good to me. I hope to see you there. Is Dana going to make it to this show, or maybe Graham? It would be cool to see you all again. How bout you Bing, are you gonna make it??

Hi Shane / Bruce, I will not be able to make the Oregon show this year. I will miss all the great people I've meet there. Bruce said it best there is a lot going on at this show. I sure wish I could be one of the Dana Hackney Groupies this year

God Bless All

I flattered guys!

Hey Bruce(s),Shane and all!

I'm trying HARD to get my JS knives done. I see now that the presentation stage is much more difficult to do. Gosh, I'm spending, pretty much, all my free time (plus vacation time!) in the shop, and progress is slooooooooooow. Just when I think I have a blade done I find ANOTHER stinkin' scratch that needs attention!

Thus far, I have three blades done and their guards fitted. Handle work is next. I've also forged 5 more blades (5160, 1084 and CruV) of various shapes and will pick the best of the litter for the remaining 2.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get them done in time to pass them around for some critiquing...oh well.....I just hope I can do them right.

Take care gang!
Dana

I'd love to go, but with classes in full swing, that's never going to happen, unfortunately. Maybe the following year though. I'll be finished with my degree by then, and should be able to slip away a few weekends out of the year to go to some of the other shows.

Bruce, As far as I know I will not be doing the forging demo at the OKCA Show this year. I'll still be there selling my $15.00 knives. As usual I always get excited about this show. Shane, make sure you drop by my table, H08. Bruce, you can drop by to. :D

I'll drop by for sure with Dalton for another $15 knife. Best deal in the whole show.
Who's forging if you're not this year?
Bruce, As far as I know I will not be doing the forging demo at the OKCA Show this year. I'll still be there selling my $15.00 knives. As usual I always get excited about this show. Shane, make sure you drop by my table, H08. Bruce, you can drop by to. :D

Go Dana.. Go Dana.. Go Dana.....

Soooo many knife shows, hammer-ins, and classes that I don't get to go to ! Maybe someday, LOL

Good luck to yall at the OKCS

I wonder who'll take Best Bowie this year ?????? Looks like we've got the ususal suspects already gathering

Take care, Josh

I will be checking out Ray and Bruce's blades, I bet they will have some real beauties there as usual. Can't wait to see what comes out. Always a good show in Eugene.

Eric

I'll drop by for sure with Dalton for another $15 knife. Best deal in the whole show.
Who's forging if you're not this year?

Bruce, Actually the last time I did the demo was 2008 although I did do a short forging demo on Sunday last year. Several fellow from the 5160 Club took the demo over. My old back had had enough of loading and unloading my anvil. Tell Dalton I don't make change. :D

Ray, you need to get a hydraulic tail gate for your truck with the anvil welded down to it.
I'll tell Dalton to have exact change this year. :)
Bruce, Actually the last time I did the demo was 2008 although I did do a short forging demo on Sunday last year. Several fellow from the 5160 Club took the demo over. My old back had had enough of loading and unloading my anvil. Tell Dalton I don't make change. :D

Ray, you need to get a hydraulic tail gate for your truck with the anvil welded down to it.
I'll tell Dalton to have exact change this year. :)

Bruce, Instead of a truck with a hydraulic tail gate I'd just soon have a new body with body parts that don't wear out. Will you have any 15 buck knives?

Hey Ray, I will make a $15 knife especially for this show if you have another one for $15. We gotta give back I spose. :)

I'll make dang sure to stop by your table Ray! Your's and Bruce's. I'm getting excited already. Just hope I have a knife or 2 to bring.

Ray, I will have feather hunter and a feather slippie both with stag but both are already sold. Dang, wish I'd have known. :)
Bruce, I've got my hopes sent on one of your $15.00 feather bowies. Stag for a handle will be fine. You know I'm not very picky.

I will be there same old place right across from Bruce Bump and sorry to hear you won't be there Bing was hoping to have some quality chatting with you as usual.

Hey Bruce is that slippie the one for my Mrs.? Any pictures yet? You can post them here she won't see them :D.

Hi Mike,
Yes, I made some real progress on it. If she doesnt look here I'll put some WIP pics up. The stag is killer amber popcorn. I need to get a big bowie in the mail and will get the slippie on the bench again.
I will be there same old place right across from Bruce Bump and sorry to hear you won't be there Bing was hoping to have some quality chatting with you as usual.

Hey Bruce is that slippie the one for my Mrs.? Any pictures yet? You can post them here she won't see them :D.

Back