WIP - simple fixed blade

This Saturday is the ceremony where the scout will get his Eagle award , knife is done , I will be there to hand it to him in person , along with a photo album documenting the build.

Hope he likes it :)

Eagle_0269.jpg

Eagle_0277.jpg

Eagle_0280.jpg

Eagle_0286.jpg

John,

That is excellent work, if he doesn't like it, you can present it to me!:D I'll show ya thanks and appreciation!!!

Jeff

Tonight , after the scout was awarded his new rank , and all the formalities were out of the way , his mother called me up to award him the knife , I also gave a brief explanation about how it was made , and the number of friends I have made while enjoying this knifemaking hobby.

After the presentation , all the other Eagle Scouts there were asking how they can get one.

I hung around afterwards and talked to many people , a lot of older gents were also Eagles , one whom is related to Devon Thomas.

The photo album with the build pictures was also a big hit.

It was a very rewarding thing to do , and something I am going to continue to do , I will sitting down soon with a few scout masters in the area to see how many other scouts will be making Eagle this year.

I think I will have to get a dozen or so of this pattern water jet , and go to 1095 steel , to keep the costs down so I can do them for very little cost to me , so that I can continue to give them away at no cost to the scout's parents.

I encourage other makers to get involved in their area , let's start these Eagle Scouts out with a sharp blade , and spread the word about handmade knives. Who's with me ?

A few quick shots from tonight , still have to process all the raw files ( I did remember to shoot some in RAW + jpeg finally ! )
ES2.jpg

ES.jpg

ES3.jpg

ES4.jpg

Mighty Nice John. Mighty Nice.
Well Done. Gonna be treasured for a long time. Memories & Knife. Dozier

Back