Worlds Largest Truck

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
We had to stop and get a picture. Its hard to imagine how big this truck is. There must be a really big mine in canada. It is permanately retired and on display along side the highway on our way to the Alberta Hammer-in.

IMG_4239_zpsf1b7c934.jpg

IMG_4240_zps9e3a0e08.jpg

I don't think it's really that big I think you must just be really short! or really good at photo shop LOL! Those trucks are very impressive every time I see one I wonder how they transport them or are they completely assembled on site?? There are some mines in Northern Minnesota that I drive by when going to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area

Those "mules" are really big. I used to live close to a strip coal mine up in N. Alabama where they had some BIG trucks. Maybe not hardly that big, but the tires on them was waaay over my head (I'm 6'4"). The big dragline was really impressive. It had dual tracks at each corner, ran of 7200 volts - the cable that provided power was bigger than my leg! Seems like it took one bucket for a truck load... 10 yds comes to mind.

Later

Yes, we have some large machines!
[video=youtube;7Su7i7DWOVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Su7i7DWOVY[/video]

The only reason I haven't bought one of those trucks yet is because I can't find a camper shell to fit. I wonder what one of those monsters cost?

They are electric drive I believe, but diesel engines run the generator used to power the drive motors. I want one those dump box rams, I've been wanting to build a hydraulic press! :)

Back