wtb. decent belt sander.

T

T.K.T.C

im using a 4x36 belt sander with a slack belt attachment and it is just not cutting it..anyone looking to get rid of a 2" 72 or something along those line let me know and we can work out a deal..

How handy are you? got drill press/bandsaw etc?
If so, you can save a great deal of $ by using BossDogs NWG plans ( available on his site)and building your own 2x72. There are also semi built kits available now for it,as well as a guide to what motors and setups to get the most out of it. The motor dealers are also members here now.
(even better if you have a pal who can weld the joints for you-but its isnt needed to build it)

How handy are you? got drill press/bandsaw etc?
If so, you can save a great deal of $ by using BossDogs NWG plans ( available on his site)and building your own 2x72. There are also semi built kits available now for it,as well as a guide to what motors and setups to get the most out of it. The motor dealers are also members here now.
(even better if you have a pal who can weld the joints for you-but its isnt needed to build it)

I will second this!!! Just get in touch with Tracy if you go that route. He has all the info needed on building his NWG. All parts and explanations are also listed on his supply site:
USAKnifeMaker.com

Wayne Coe of the forum is also very helpful with grinder builds.

Best of luck!

Chris

i have seen the no weld grinder plans before and they look pretty good but i doubt i would be able to construct it lol..im really looking to find one complete at a decent price will keep the nwg grinder idea and if i cant find one ill will most likely run with that..with alot of help of course:D

We built 10 at the New England School of Metalwork a couple of weeks ago. I will have my grinder for show and tell at the Dog Pound at the Blade Show. I have the motors that you need and I think at the best prices you can find for new motors. PM me if you need motors, cords, cable glands, switches, etc. I am not up to speed yet but am looking at providing kits with all the parts and finished grinders (some assembly required).

If you could get up to New England for a couple of days I may have a solution for you. I'm talking about Wayne's grinder kit, but having Wayne on site to make sure it gets done correctly. If you have an interest let me know.

BTW Wayne, I put some heat to my dog bottle opener and flopped his ear over like I wanted and gave it to my son. So far it has opened about 200 bottles of beer [for everybody but me], Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks D. How is your grinder working out?
I am glad that your "Multi-tool (hoof pick/bottle opener) is getting put to good use. I left a trail of those across the country and took two to Blade. I put one in the Knife Dogs Give Away and gave one to Tracy as an appreciation gift. I haven't heard yet if Tracy has been putting his to good use I also sold 4 (all I had) made from 1/2 a horse shoe with a horse head carved on it.

I am shipping out a finished grinder as soon as I can get it packaged for $1,300.00 plus shipping and insurance.
I am also now selling "Moe's Grinder Kits" with everything for $900.00 plus shipping and insurance.

I didn't build a grinder Wayne, only the dog bottle opener at IG's with Bubba and Bubba Jr. We talked about getting together a group and having you come up with the parts and do the same thing you did at NE Metalworks.

Back