Yard sale score...

bladegrinder

Found this floor model drill press at a yard sale last Friday. for $75.00, he wanted $150.00
it's an Alltrade brand, whatever that is....but it seems to be of pretty good quality.
16 speed, 3/4 hp, 110 volt.
it just needed a good wipe down with some WD40 followed buy some mobile 1 oil.
it didn't have a chuck key and the chuck looked kind of beat so I knocked it out and put a new one in I got off Amazon.
it runs good and doesn;t seem to have any noticeable slop so it will be good for drilling out random stuff, nothing requiring any precision. :D

Ka5eLE1.jpg

This guy was kind of easy to deal with. it was the biggest, heaviest thing in his front yard. he had another oldtimer with him and I kind of think he really didn't want to tote that thing back to wherever he had it. I'm no spring chicken myself and it was kind of a trick, him and me getting it into the back of my truck, which is loaded with stuff.
it was even more fun getting it out at home by myself, but I persevered for the prize....:D

Found this floor model drill press at a yard sale last Friday. for $75.00, he wanted $150.00
it's an Alltrade brand, whatever that is....but it seems to be of pretty good quality.
16 speed, 3/4 hp, 110 volt.
it just needed a good wipe down with some WD40 followed buy some mobile 1 oil.
it didn't have a chuck key and the chuck looked kind of beat so I knocked it out and put a new one in I got off Amazon.
it runs good and doesn;t seem to have any noticeable slop so it will be good for drilling out random stuff, nothing requiring any precision. :D

Ka5eLE1.jpg
I scored a 1940's engineers drill press - hardrubbish - no play in the spindle & set up with a tiny drill chuck - whent through all my old chuck keys & non where small enough to tighten..

Picture 1 is my little beasty

Picture 2 is a ebay unit with probly the original electric moter & a price tag to mach - oh ebay one is missing its belt ,so that make it a ornament ;)

20200503_182547.jpgimage.jpg

Back