Yellow Burlap EDC

opaul

KNIFE MAKER
I just finished this blade up. I actually did the profiling and grinding several years ago when I first started making knives. I can't remember why I didn't finish it but it has been on my magnetic storage bar for a while. Yesterday I decided to finish it up. I hand sanded the unetched part of the blade and glued up the yellow burlap micarta. I used micarta for the pins and lanyard tube. There are several more 'oldies' waiting to be finished up where this one came from.

Nice job opaul! I love going back to the reject drawer or back to something I’ve given up and making something out of it. Feels good, don’t it?

I have a pile of "To Do" knives too. Some really nice Damascus from Dion is one of them!
I think he has raised his prices. Or at least from what I remember the last time I ordered any. It’s been awhile. I still have several damascus billets. They really have to be forged and shaped to reveal the damascus. Much different than Alabama damascus where you can do straight stock removal.

I think he has raised his prices. Or at least from what I remember the last time I ordered any. It’s been awhile. I still have several damascus billets. They really have to be forged and shaped to reveal the damascus. Much different than Alabama damascus where you can do straight stock removal.

Yeah I have a hidden tang I forged out. Pattern is nice. I have a small piece of it left think I may try a Raindrop pattern with it. Or go nuts and use my buddies Little Giant and square it back up do some twisted or crushed Ws. This is the Dion blank I'm talking about. Nice looking stuff just trying to decide what I want to do. LOL!! This is just roughed out. This blank hasn't been dipped so pattern my not POP in pic.

Attachments

• 20200310_163053.jpg
    20200310_163053.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Back