Yet another bloody Aussie

Ozblade

G day.
I am a retiree who has only been interested in knives and particularly folding knives or pocket knives as Aussies call them for 60 odd years.
My background is that of a metal fabrication tradesman who became a teacher,coded welder and NDT inspector along the way.

I am fortunate enough to have a shed full of machinery and tools. While I have made a good number of fixed blades for friends and family I am primarily interested in making and repairing pocket knives.

Over a number of years I purchased the following books to help inform me.

Custom Knifemaking- Tim Mc Creight.

Step -by -Step Knifemaking. You Can Do It - David Boye

The complete Book of Pocket Knife Repair - A Cutlers Manual - Ben Kelley Jr.

The pocket Knife Manual- Blackie Collins

I look forward to making new friends here and in participating in the forum and have LOTS of questions to ask.

Thanks

Ozblade
aka
Grahame

Last edited:
Welcome! You’ll find no shortage here of friendly folks who are more than happy to help.

Another book I’d recommend is “Slipjoints My Way” by Don Robinson. It’s been a lifesaver to me.

I have loved pocketknives all my life as well. It took me a couple of years to dive in on them, but I’m so happy that I did.

Welcome OZBlade! When I first saw your title I thought you'd be sharing some injury pics! Glad that wasn't the case...lol.

Giday Graham Retirement is the best thing going as far as time goes to get out to the shed and play.

Back