Youth Hunter

Randy Lucius

Finished up a Youth model hunter last night. First knife with a real Maker's mark using a stencil that I got from Ernie. Very pleased with the way the mark turned out and Ernie is a great guy to do business with. Specs on the knife are:

Steel: Aldo's 1084
Tan and Green Burlap Mircata
Natural Micarta pins and White Liners
Sheath by Joses Leather
Overall length: 7"
Cutting Edge 3and 3/8

m0001e.jpg

m0002e.jpg

m0003e.jpg

luciusx5 that is a very nice knife. Nice job with the pins. The makers mark turned out great. You did not make your own sheath. As someone who just finished his 2nd sheath I think you should expand your horizons. Share the joy of making your own sheaths. lol,,,,,, It would afford you the opportunity to create new compound swear words. :) Keep up the nice work!

luciusx5 that is a very nice knife. Nice job with the pins. The makers mark turned out great. You did not make your own sheath. As someone who just finished his 2nd sheath I think you should expand your horizons. Share the joy of making your own sheaths. lol,,,,,, It would afford you the opportunity to create new compound swear words. :) Keep up the nice work!
I dabbled in sheath making some and enjoyed it. Just didn’t make enough to feel I could produce a quality one. My son just bought a leather sewing machine so I may give it another go or make him do it. :)

Well done. From the satin finish to the makers mark, all aspects look great. I’ll second the good words for Ernie.

I dabbled in sheath making some and enjoyed it. Just didn’t make enough to feel I could produce a quality one. My son just bought a leather sewing machine so I may give it another go or make him do it. :)

It really is not that bad. I was just having fun with you. It's like everything else we do here. It takes time to get the skills needed to have something you want to put your name on.

Back