selling knives online question

soundmind

KNIFE MAKER
What's the best way to establish an online presence for selling knives?

I know that's a broad question. Website, Etsy, Instagram, Craigslist,.... I'm thinking $200-400 and less than 10 a year - so maybe just word of mouth at this point?

Thanks in advance.

What's the best way to establish an online presence for selling knives?

I know that's a broad question. Website, Etsy, Instagram, Craigslist,.... I'm thinking $200-400 and less than 10 a year - so maybe just word of mouth at this point?

Thanks in advance.

I started with friends and family on Facebook. Others saw my work and ask for knives. I've sold a couple on eBay as well.

I'm getting ready to try listing one on Bladeforums for sale site. I've sold a lot of factory knives there.

I started with friends and family on Facebook. Others saw my work and ask for knives. I've sold a couple on eBay as well.

I'm getting ready to try listing one on Bladeforums for sale site. I've sold a lot of factory knives there.
Thanks, Chris.
I'm reading in the business forum now and am getting some good info, too.

So far for me it's been word of mouth. One funny thing recently was other people's social media accounts helped me get business. Someone posted to their account what they bought from me and their followers saw it and got my contact. That was pretty neat, but I don't want to count on that happening all the time.

Thanks, Chris.
I'm reading in the business forum now and am getting some good info, too.

So far for me it's been word of mouth. One funny thing recently was other people's social media accounts helped me get business. Someone posted to their account what they bought from me and their followers saw it and got my contact. That was pretty neat, but I don't want to count on that happening all the time.

One thing I can say from my experience is to be careful how many orders you take if things get moving fast.

I almost overextended myself last Christmas and it made knife making cease to be fun...

One thing I can say from my experience is to be careful how many orders you take if things get moving fast.

I almost overextended myself last Christmas and it made knife making cease to be fun...
I know what you mean. That's why I'm not underselling now.

I'm reading a thread where a maker advised against dropping prices too soon. I had to laugh beacuse after a week I raised it $30.

Back