Gorilla Glue

Ive just switched over to acriglas done about 10 knives with it and everyone I talked to said its the best glue there is. kellyw

OK help the old man out folks . Maybe I have missed something , but I glue the handles (FILM) between liners or blade and handles to help keep moisture out . The (PINS) hold the handle material to the blade or liners . Is it possible with all the glues we have access to now days we complicate this more then really need to . And for the record I use devcon epoxy and super glue depending on handles size .

I use Gorilla's Super Glue on almost everything. It has works great on handles I have done. On handles I have had to remove I had to grind them off so I am sold.

OK help the old man out folks . Maybe I have missed something , but I glue the handles (FILM) between liners or blade and handles to help keep moisture out . The (PINS) hold the handle material to the blade or liners . Is it possible with all the glues we have access to now days we complicate this more then really need to . And for the record I use devcon epoxy and super glue depending on handles size .

If you mean do we need pins any more? Most would say yes due to lateral shock can pop scales off fairly easy. I think with the right adhesive probably not -- but I haven't found the right adhesive yet.

I think with the right adhesive probably not -- but I haven't found the right adhesive yet.

If you ever find it let me know. I was having a Cajun / Redneck flash of genius artistic picture in my head , and thats a scary
thing !

I have to reopen this thread. Since I last posted ive used acriglass and its good then bought a gallon of g2 and then found some gorrilla super glue in canada . I bought the last one on the shelf asked when they were getting more and 3 days later they got their shipment and I bought all they had . It to say the least is mindbogling. I put a pinin and it was warm from sanding a set up in 3 seconds and I had to drill the pin out to place in a mosaic pin straight to match the others . Little lesson learned wait til the pin is cool to give you 20 seconds for pin alignment. Handles are better it gives 45 seconds and then I clamp for an 30 min even though the handles set in less than 5 min. I start sanding handles after i placein the pins with in 2 min . I took a centre punch and could not knock out a pin after 30 seconds lol, just playing . My next test will be to see how easy a handle comes off.

Gorilla Glue is not only the name of the product it is also what it should be used for. The next time I glue 2 gorillas together will be the next and last time I use it. I Use 2 ton epoxy (Devcon 30 minute) or Acraglass. Don't over clamp and you'll never have a problem.

Steve

What would you define as overclamping?
I use devcon too and always use 3-4 c-clamps on the handles.
Are you saying not to over tighten them?

I had an integral knife hit the floor few weeks back. I decided to use 2-ton epoxy instead of Gorilla Super Glue on it. I wont make that mistake again. It is the only time I ever had a scale pop. I reglued it with GSG.

Back