Shop picture thread.

Here's a few pics of my ever evolving shop 10 months after the purchase of my first knifemaking specific tools, drill press and Dremel

stagwipshop010.jpg

stagwipshop009.jpg

stagwipshop008.jpg

stagwipshop007.jpg

The shop and tools are still a major WIP but it is comming along nicely :D

I do understand the use of the term "ADDICTION" to knifemaking as I've literally spent 98% of my disposible income on tools and materials. I'm hoping that in 20 years or so I'll have everything I want :eek:, LOL

-Josh

Nice shop. Thank's for the pictures.

Here is a pic of the whole shop with me working in it!!

002.jpg

Here is a pic of my vise and tools

004.jpg

its not much but its all I have2thumbs

Here's my modest 10x12 basement shop:

Workbench:
sgaindhub123.jpg

sgaindhub115.jpg

Handle woods:
sgaindhub119.jpg

sgaindhub116.jpg

A bit of moose antler(weathered and fresh):
sgaindhub122.jpg

Pieces and parts:
sgaindhub132.jpg

African Croc and seal skins:
sgaindhub136.jpg

My oven(Well not actually mine. Its at the Canadian Coast Guard College):
sgaindhub106.jpg

Grinding, shaping and buffing:
sgaindhub134.jpg

sgaindhub117.jpg

Sharpening/honing:
sgaindhub133.jpg

Hand tools:
sgaindhub137.jpg

sgaindhub135.jpg

Dust Collection:
sgaindhub138.jpg

ETA: I have since added a router switch for the grinders....Makes life a little easier.

Well, here is my "Dungeon" as I like to call it. The wife gave me a 1/4 of the basement to build/rig a shop together. After I get the wall put up she tells me I can just have the entire basement. But for now, its obvious I havent even filled this little 1/4 up yet. It is far from a nice shop, but its mine. This is what you call a shop rigged together with what I had avail. I had to steel power from upstairs...work benches need lots of work:D Yes, that is a desk with a work bench mounted. Still a lot of work to be done down there, but this is my space and I love it.
AShopCoote003.jpg

AShopCoote006.jpg

AShopCoote007.jpg

AShopCoote017.jpg

A forge a good buddy made for me, I need a new torch tip though:rolleyes:
AShopCoote018.jpg

AShopCoote019.jpg

My buddy
AdirtylittleholeThesoontobeshopx200.jpg

Be nice guys, this is all I have:D

Chris

Last edited:
Great start Chris. Like the shop buddy. Now get off the internet and get to grinding. LOL Hey now you need your makers mark. Any thoughts yet?

James,

I know I know.....lol Still playing with the shop and grinding at the same time. Good thing is I am having fun with all of it. I am far from a makers mark, as you can see...I still have a hard time grinding....hahaha Its great though. As I progress and get better...I will start dreaming up a mark....My brother is an artists/graffix designer so he will work some magic for me when its that time.2thumbs

Great start Chris. Like the shop buddy. Now get off the internet and get to grinding. LOL Hey now you need your makers mark. Any thoughts yet?

Here's my new shop, after tearing down my old garage and building a longer and much higher one this is the result.
Still need to organise things and put doors and drawers in the workbench.

I have my BigBlu and my forges at work, no pics.

Foto-67HYRP73.jpg

ETA: I have since added a router switch for the grinders....Makes life a little easier.

Well, here is my "Dungeon" as I like to call it. The wife gave me a 1/4 of the basement to build/rig a shop together. After I get the wall put up she tells me I can just have the entire basement. But for now, its obvious I havent even filled this little 1/4 up yet. It is far from a nice shop, but its mine. This is what you call a shop rigged together with what I had avail. I had to steel power from upstairs...work benches need lots of work:D Yes, that is a desk with a work bench mounted. Still a lot of work to be done down there, but this is my space and I love it.

Be nice guys, this is all I have:D

Chris

Looking really good Chris!

BC

Hey Chris,
You've come a long way since I saw it empty, the rest will come as the need arises. You just can't plan on everything you might need. The forge looks too clean....USE IT. hehe.

Rudy

Thanks Bill! To think all this started from just wanting to sharpen my own knives....lol

Rudy,

I agree, I just need to stop looking at all you big dogs and your shops...all will be fine then....lol

I am hoping to be spoiled this X-Mas so I hope to get a new torch/hose etc for the forge as well. Then I will be burnin2thumbs

For now, just practice, practice, practice with the Coote.

Hey Chris,
You've come a long way since I saw it empty, the rest will come as the need arises. You just can't plan on everything you might need. The forge looks too clean....USE IT. hehe.

Rudy

Last edited:
Back