1-2HP single phase motor

The grinders in my workshops are 1.5 and they work well. 2 would be better. Make sure that it is TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled). You should shop around and be able to find a new one for $125 to $150. Check electric motor rebuild shops and you might find something used and rebuilt for around $75. Used, rebuilt motors are in short supply now because they were scraped and sent to China. I can get you a new 1.5 Marathon for $137.50 plus shipping. You should be able to do better locally. But if not send me an e-mail or call me. I hate to do that because my supplyer only has two left, then I will be paying about $150. Two hp will be about $189 plus sales tax of 10% plus shipping. Now tell me that I'm not a nice guy.

The grinders in my workshops are 1.5 and they work well. 2 would be better. Make sure that it is TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled). You should shop around and be able to find a new one for $125 to $150. Check electric motor rebuild shops and you might find something used and rebuilt for around $75. Used, rebuilt motors are in short supply now because they were scraped and sent to China. I can get you a new 1.5 Marathon for $137.50 plus shipping. You should be able to do better locally. But if not send me an e-mail or call me. I hate to do that because my supplyer only has two left, then I will be paying about $150. Two hp will be about $189 plus sales tax of 10% plus shipping. Now tell me that I'm not a nice guy.

Hey there Wayne.

That sounds like a hell of a deal compared to what I am seeing online. I am going to give it another week or so and see what plays out. If nothing then, maybe we can work that out! I think the used/rebuilt motor might be a good option...that will leave more room for belts2thumbs

Thanks for the heads up pardner, would be cool if we can meet up first of Dec.....if not I might have to drive my butt over there next spring/summer.

See ya around bud,

Chris

1.5 is really all you need. 2hp is great, but than you have to worry about 220vac which can be difficult for some. I run 1.5 (Which is running on 220) on my KMG and a 1hp on a Burr King and have never had any issues with power.

Hey Dustin,

I forgot all about this post.

I ended up going with a 1HP 3450RPM motor. Going to be fast but since I went with Tracy's 3 step pulleys I think I should be fine. I got a hell of a deal on it so I had to do it.

Nice blades by the way2thumbs

Thanks for your input Dustin.....I will know how I actually like 1HP @ 3450 once she arrives.

Later,

Chris

1.5 is really all you need. 2hp is great, but than you have to worry about 220vac which can be difficult for some. I run 1.5 (Which is running on 220) on my KMG and a 1hp on a Burr King and have never had any issues with power.

On the slowest step it goes nice and slow. Put it on the outside pulley and its SCARY fast. I like it. I will end up going with a 2HP 1750 once I get real power down there though.

3450 still too fast. I need pulleys to make mine slower and its the 1760rpm

Back