1095 and flamed hickory!!

OAL- 9 3/4"

blade- 5 1/4" long, .175" thick, 1" wide at the guard, and a long ricasso, allowing you to choke up on the blade for fine cuts

steel- Aldo's Awesome High Performance 1095, Forged, with in-house differential heat treatment which includes double normalize, double anneal, double edge quench, and triple draw, for a high performance blade, that holds a great edge, and yet is easy to sharpen!

grind- a full convex grind, with distal taper, sharpened on a Norton Fine India stone with micro bevels, to an agressive razor edge

finish- etched 600 grit finish, with hamon or temper line.

handle- heat treated hickory, with a tung oil finish, and red linen micarta spacer

guard- 1/4" brass guard, nicely contoured to feel good on the finger, for greater control, and saftey in challenging situations, and 1/8" brass pins

sheath- 11oz leather, hand stitched, clean, hot-waxed, with retention strap

blade fully tested for edge retention and tip strenth before finishing! The blade is subjected to an edge flex test, where the edge is flexed over a 1/4" brass rod from both sides to check for toughness. These blades will generally make 130 {at a minimum} slicing cuts in 1/2" manilla rope in my shop on a scale, without requiring more than 35lbs of force to complete each cut, and will typically still shave hair from my arm at the end of the 130 cuts! {your performance may vary due to rope consistancy, sharpening teqnique, sharpening stone condition, and cutting skill} note that they will continue to cut the rope, but I stop cutting and counting when they quit shaving. The heat treated blades are dropped point first on a concrete floor from a distance of roughly 4 feet before finishing, the blade must exhibit no substansial damage to pass the "concrete floor test". After a blade passes these tests, only then does it go to the finishing stage.

$150 plus $10 for shiping/insurance to CONUS. I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order.

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!!

1095hickoryleft.jpg1095hickoryright.jpg1095hickoryblade.jpg1095hickoryhandle.jpg1095hickorysheath.jpg

Ships within 48 hours of payment priority with ins.

Feedback appreciated, and thanks for looking!

If you would like one like this one or different, PM or email with details!

Back