110 ht oven

Here's how I wired mine, sorry I can't help with element size, it was in place when I did the PID conversion.

Attachments

• img041.jpg
    img041.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 14
Thanks mark for all the help.
I think I now somewhat understand what I am trying to do. :eek:

I will be doing a write up as I start getting material together!

I am going to order the firebricks as soon as possible and get the steel from work.

I think that is pink igloo block maker. Here what I found it cheap enough to have HT done by someone else. Just a little planning. I do ten blades at a time. So I do HT every two weeks or three weeks. I spend about 30 dollars a month on HT or 2.50 a piece.

Just a heads up, I was going to order my bricks online but they were $5ea + shipping - found a local harbison-walker and picked up a case (25 bricks) for $65... Definitely worth looking into whether or not you can get them local!

Ernie,

Fross here, I think I replied to your post on another forum. There is no reason you cant run 220v extension cord... Amperage remains the same regardless of the voltage and that is what will defeat an extension cord. If it was me running an extension cord to power a heat treat oven I would use a dedicated 10awg extension cord, 50 feet of 12awg running close to 85% if u use a 15 to 17 amp element is pushing it, in my opinion. just an opinion though. I really admire your attitude, what ever the case dont let anything get you down, keep it up...

Also yah, the shipping on those firebrick are going to kill you, lol its like $10 per 3 bricks to ship. I got mine locally for $3 a brick.

Back