2 100K Atlas Burners

Thanks for the offer. I'll see how it goes as I would prefer cash. But a knife is always cool!
I was would wait for the cash too. I was really just kidding about the knife because we all can make a knife. I would, however, trade you a piece of Damascus for the burners. Then you can make a knife and get $300. It's been on my mind to make a sword length forge because I am tired of moving my other two back to back and running two tanks to make a sword. I have always been a horse trader of sorts. Hopefully someone will offer you the cash.

I was would wait for the cash too. I was really just kidding about the knife because we all can make a knife. I would, however, trade you a piece of Damascus for the burners. Then you can make a knife and get $300. It's been on my mind to make a sword length forge because I am tired of moving my other two back to back and running two tanks to make a sword. I have always been a horse trader of sorts. Hopefully someone will offer you the cash.
That's one hell of an offer Chris. But yep cash is king at the moment.

My plan is to drill a hole through the forge body into the heat chamber just larger than the burner. Then weld a short piece of pipe to the forge body where the hole is and drill a few small holes in the piece of pipe. I will thread those holes for small set screws which I will use to hold the burner in place. I am sure this is easier to picture in my head than on the page though. I can send you pictures if you want.

My plan is to drill a hole through the forge body into the heat chamber just larger than the burner. Then weld a short piece of pipe to the forge body where the hole is and drill a few small holes in the piece of pipe. I will thread those holes for small set screws which I will use to hold the burner in place. I am sure this is easier to picture in my head than on the page though. I can send you pictures if you want.
Basically this. Also you want the burners to be just shallow of or just slightly inside your lining. What ever your lining happens to be.

Here's how it looks on an Atlas forge.

I built my own forge. What I did was go to an electrical supply store and bought a STEEL EMT CONNECTOR (do not buy zinc die-cast fitting, I can't remember size either 1/2" or 3/4"). I took the locknut off and cut threaded portion of CONNECTOR to just stick thru forge body, then I stripped galvinized coating off and welded fitting to forge. I added a couple more screws to fitting so I could aim and secure burners better.

Back