2 Knives for 2 Graduates

Justin Presson

Hello friends,
Been awhile since I finished a knife, both my nephews graduate next week so I took a few vacation days to get these knives done for them. The steel is cpm154 and the handles are Ultrex Suretouch from usaknifemaker. This is the first time I ever used this handle material and holly cow I'm impressed. This stuff feels amazing and works easy. If you don't know it's layers of g10 and rubber. Very cool stuff.
Thanks for looking.
JP
VUMnCP8.jpg

rad3LvB.jpg
dIQEq5M.jpg

Nice looking knives and sheaths Justin. I kind of want to try that Ultrex stuff but I'm kind of leary about what might happen to the rubber layers years down the road, I guess only time will tell.

Those are nice. I don't think I care for the Ultrex material but I'm really liking the lines on those knives. Great blade shape. But that handle is really catching my eye. It looks really comfortable and it's very appealing and unique.

If I saw 100 similar 3 piece knives on a table, thus one stands out and would be the first one I picked up.

Nice looking knives and sheaths Justin. I kind of want to try that Ultrex stuff but I'm kind of leary about what might happen to the rubber layers years down the road, I guess only time will tell.

I am a bit to, but hopefully the developers have taken that into consideration.

Those are nice. I don't think I care for the Ultrex material but I'm really liking the lines on those knives. Great blade shape. But that handle is really catching my eye. It looks really comfortable and it's very appealing and unique.

If I saw 100 similar 3 piece knives on a table, thus one stands out and would be the first one I picked up.
Thank you for the compliment John, that means alot. The handle is shaped(I think) nicely and is comfortable in hand. I was not sold on this material either until I started working it and felt it in my hand. The grip is great and the colors are growing on me. I know two 18 year old boys are gonna love it.
One thing about it with the layers it shows the contours nicely.

Thanks Kevin!
I’ll also second what @J. Doyle said about the handle. Trust me, brother, I have been struggling with handle design. It’s almost like drawing someone’s face... bend a curve just a touch too much or not enough, and it’s a disaster. So to come up with an apparently repeatable, unique, still comfortable, and good looking handle design is a huge accomplishment in my eyes. Again, well done! Z

edit: PS if I wasn’t supposed to have screenshot these knives, digitized them, and printed out templates, I want to apologize. Lol

I’ll also second what @J. Doyle said about the handle. Trust me, brother, I have been struggling with handle design. It’s almost like drawing someone’s face... bend a curve just a touch too much or not enough, and it’s a disaster. So to come up with an apparently repeatable, unique, still comfortable, and good looking handle design is a huge accomplishment in my eyes. Again, well done! Z

edit: PS if I wasn’t supposed to have screenshot these knives, digitized them, and printed out templates, I want to apologize. Lol
Thanks so much Kevin, I'm just lucky I have always been an artist and can draw pretty well. I always look at others for inspiration on my knife designs so no worry at all digitizing and making templates. Just email me a copy :)
I don't usually name knife designs but this one I'm calling the Graduate.

Justin, I have taken an interest in your sheaths here. Can you post some good pictures of the back of the sheaths please?
oeerL2J.jpg

My plan was to put a drawstring type clamp on the end of the paracord so you could cinch it tight to your belt but I could not find any locally like I thought so going to order some.

Back