2nd Annual KnifeDogs MITH Giveaway

Thanks James. As soon as I read that I thought 'duh'. I will admit that I would have looked at that rod for a looong time before I would have realized it is a fire steel. I will put it to good use.

Thanks,
Carey

View attachment 21024

Got mine today from Archer Moon.

2 nice black walnut blocks
4 sets of walnut scales
1 mystery wood block (?)
2 copper rods..3/32" & 1/4"
1 beaded lanyard
2 drill bits...1/4" & 3/32"
2 business cards

My cat went nuts on the box and lanyard ......do you have a cat ? He sniffed the stuff for at least a half hour.:les:

Thanks, :biggrin:
Rudy

Patrick, Its Black Mesquite actually. Woops I thought I labeled everything. Save your scrapes and throw them on your grill when cooking. Adds a great mesquite flavor, that is if you use a propane grill like I do.

Got mine yesterday
Wow! Thanks IG,I'll post pic after while.

Archer Moon,I will be sending yours out Tomorrow.

God bless,Keith

Got mine yesterday
Wow! Thanks IG,I'll post pic after while.

Archer Moon,I will be sending yours out Tomorrow.

God bless,Keith
Most of them are stabilized with B72 and wood hardener. Let me know, how you like it when you get a knife done with one of them.:3: Wait till you see the shine.:les::biggrin:

Last edited:
Ernie what a great thing.........I was able to clean out half of my garage and send it out in a U-Haul.........Someone is going to be mad I think! What's a little dust? Truck is on the way. Package sent!!!!

Hey Rudy. Glad you like the stuff I sent. The light colored wood is cherry, with a slight curl. The copper is just some copper wire I use for pins in the darker woods, like walnut. And yes, my wife keeps her cats in the house. You did want walnut, right? The beads are something I made on my drill press. One of my midnite ideas I made work.

Thanks Keith. I was beging to worry the post office lost it!

GREAT BIG THANKS TO BIG ERN!

Archer Moon,
I'm glad you picked up the hint on the walnut. I've had some 3/8" copper plate for some time, but no pinstock. Now I can use it. I figured you had cats, my cat had his mouth snarled back and wouldn't stop smelling the box and lanyard...he looked pissed off.
Thanks again and also to Big Ern.

Rudy

Here is a pic of all the stuff that Ernie sent me!

MaterialsfromErnie.jpg

11 Blocks of wood (3 are stabilized, and there is one HUGE block of purple heart!)
8 pairs of matched scales
1 set of yellow micarta scales
1 set of light green G10 slabs
1 set of horn (stag, maybe?) scales
Some vulcanized liner materials (black and brick red)
Stainless steel tubing
3 spindle sanders, and spare sanding tubes

Ernie, you are too generous! Thank you very much!

Ok guys, I have 10 people that I have not marked down as received, Can anyone that has not received their package please
pm me so I can find out what going on?

I got a package from Rudy Joly with a lot of awesome stuff in it I'll get pics up soon. Thanks Rudy
Anthony

Do I have to post pics of what I got do I. I don't want it to be who got what because I think I got the best!!??? Man, when I opened my little box I found so much stuff...stuffed in it, it blew me away! I was in shock. What I got I could not afford to buy right now or even in the near future. I feel so humbled I could not thank the man enough. I am still in shock>? I guess we are saying names....Jeff Pearce Dude what the heck??? I won't take for granted your gracious gifts to me and I hope to build you a few knives that will make you proud. Dang I don't know what else to say....thank you Jeff and Ernie. I feel so blessed!!! Proud to be a Dog!!!

Glad you got you package OK . Please post pictures if you get a chance. You should of seen the box of stuff I got last year. Its not about what you get, It just fun to open the box and be surprised .

Glad you got you package OK . Please post pictures if you get a chance. You should of seen the box of stuff I got last year. Its not about what you get, It just fun to open the box and be surprised .

OK Jeff must of known I love doing handles.......I couldn't afford this stuff....I still have a smile!!!!
jeffs-products.jpg
6al-4v titanium:3:
Silver Nickel Bars:1:
Brass and Aluminum Rods:57:
Custom Lanyard:biggrin:
Parachute Chrod:les:
Giraffe Bone Blanks :steve:
Micara Blanks:5:
Desert Iron Wood Blanks:9:
Purple Burl Wood Blanks:lol:
And some black carbon fiber paper that will kill me if I breathe it in??? Awesome? :what!::what!::what!:

Thanks Jeff and Ernie Wow I feel blessed!!

Last edited:
I got a box in the mail

Well my box arrived! Just like christmas, except the post office attached a note on my gift :) Hope it all made it and some postal worked didn't get any knife supplies :3: Anyway very cool stuff thank you Nowicki! Big chunk of curly maple, a hex piece of 1070 (might end up trying a small integral) piece of rag micarta, trex deck material for beater handles or I was thinking some sanding blocks/sticks, some mid carbon steel for fittings and my favorite the start of a damascus billet!!!
box.jpg
box (1).jpg

Here is the contents of my box from Randy Haas. Thanks a bunch buddy

2011-02-27_10-18-24_3.jpg

Includes:
A bar of san mai
2 folder kits
some mosaic pin stock
block of curly maple
Set of Black Ash burl scales
Block of Awesome pink Birch Burl
Block of Buckeye Burl
And :) a set of :) Mammoth Ivory :)

Thanks again Randy!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Great googly moogly, this has been fun! Thank you Ernie for starting and continuing a very cool tradition among us Dogs. Count me IN for next time :biggrin: :thumbup:

Sorry for the late post but still not got all the bugs out from the computer crash. My stuff was like a surprise birthday present. What's this... when it came in the mail. Great stuff. I got plans for this stuff already. Handle material, some brass, a piece of elk shed and some wrought. I'm thinking I might use some of the wrought for bolsters with the desert ironwood on a little slippiy for me. Thanks Chris. I'll post picts as soon as I find the reader for my camera. It got misplaced while stripping my old hard drive to put it into another computer trying to save stuff.

My package came yesterday. But it looked like the post office Played basket ball with the box, then ran it over three times, then put two big gashes in the box. So needless to say half of the stuff was missing. The box showed up to me with little stickers everywhere saying it was damaged during shipping .I let UncleBilly Know .He had insurance on the package . What a stand up guy. I told him Not to worry about anything but he said he resending me another box. I did get two nice bars of A2 and some Neoprene that I will use to make a kydex press. I will post pictures soon .

Back