52100 Drop point hunter.

Salem Straub

"Chert" model drop point hunter.

This series of knives features blades forged of 52100 steel with drop points, and dovetailed bolsters for a little dress. They are designed to be solid but not overly heavy in the hand, with fairly thin slicing edges.

HT consists of triple normalization, a single full quench in Parks 50, two temper cycles at two hours apiece, and a thorough soft back draw by torch, edge in water.

Length is 8-3/8" overall, with blade length at 4", and maximum blade height at about 1-1/4".

This knife features a bi-color handle of green and brown canvas Micarta, partial height flat grind with distal taper and an extra-tapered tang. SS bolsters, flared thong tube and corby rivets. Spine is about .190" at ricasso, edge is .025" before sharpening.

Asking price is $240 USD. First come first serve.

Price includes shipping to 50 states. I will ship around the world; I just ask that in this case the buyer pay the added shipping costs. Included in price as well is a molded pouch type sheath made of premium veg-tanned 8-10 oz. horse leather. Specify RH or LH sheath, natural or brown finish.

IMG_9001.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG

IMG_9003.JPG

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

IMG_9007.JPG

IMG_9008.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

IMG_9011.JPG

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.
I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Also, if this knife or any other I have made that you have seen looks close to something you would like, or if you would like to talk about an entirely different knife design altogether, please contact me, I do custom orders as well and always enjoy talking about knife designs, whether or not we actually end up doing business.

Salem Straub

That's a beauty Salem !

Loving your taper geometry ! It's a beautiful thing when the end of the tang is .020 or so.

-Josh

Back