A Big Fighter with Hamon

Graham Fredeen

Howdy folks,

I haven't made too many posts over here yet. Life gets to be so busy that I don't get much of a chance to post on the forums, or forget to. So thought it might be good to come by and share this one.

Its a pretty good sized fighter, about 14.5" OAL, 8.5" blade done in 1095, with some damascus fittings and amboyna burl handle and a nice hamon. Hope you folks enjoy.

HamonFighter.jpg

HamonFighter1.jpg

HamonFighter3.jpg

HamonFighter2.jpg

I'll also have something really special to share quite soon, as soon as it gets back home from a trip down to Texas to visit with a Mr. Paul Long, and over to Connecticut to see some fellow by the name of Coop :whistling:

:thumbup1:

Awesome fighter, Graham. I really like the damascus fittings on a straight steel blade. Nice hamon, everything. The whole knife is really a looker.

Thanks guys!

Its got a sister that is about the same size that I forged at the same time as this one. Its been heat treated and looks like it should have an interesting hamon as well. Just need to get going on it and get it done.

Thanks!

Just got an email from Coop about the "special something" I mentioned above, not long to wait now!

Keep an eye out for the next thread, I think everyone will like it!

Back