A couple of firsts: Big Bowies and Hamons

Those look great John! I still haven't made a "Bowie" yet, still standing on that cliff, lol. I've had a couple full scale drawings hanging on my wall of my design ideas for far too long. I really need to get this checked off my list too.

You know what's funny, Anthony? For the last couple of years I'd see people making Bowies and I'd say, "Hmmm. What is the fascination? What in the world do you do with them? I just don't get it." Then as time went on I realized that Bowies are a very large canvas where a maker can do a lot of little things to make them special and unique. Aside from that, people (customers) love the style. It's "the" American knife. And then finally a customer requested not one, but two. He wanted them to be a matched pair, but each one a little unique. I decided that the handle material and hamon would make each unique and that they'd be a matched pair in just about every other way. It went over pretty well and the customer is thrilled with them, which makes me very happy.

Back