A different stroke

AkWildman

I purposely forged this blade out on the thin side in Hope's of making a carving set.I didn't know if I could forge really nice fork but I think I pulled it off.I figured who wouldn't want a classy Bowie knife for a meat carving knife for those special meals. Both the blade and the fork are forged in 1084 and dressed out in Turkish walnut. The knife has a mild steel gaurd with a bronze and black paper micarta spacer. If I new how to upload a couple of small videos I would as the walnut on these two are superb. Also the new shop out at the homestead is on hold till the price of lumber comes back down,I hauled the steel building out by snowmachine this winter with the intention of also purchasing and hauling the lumber for the foundation and floor but the price of a sheet of sub floor went from 35 dollars to 125 dollars a sheet so I hope it comes back down.

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_143132_289.jpg
    IMG_20210625_143132_289.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 36
That is impressive!! I'd never thought of a Bowie as a kitchen knife set, but that works nicely. The mild steel guard ties that Walnut (WOW- what a good looking Walnut) to the blade nicely. Good job

I purposely forged this blade out on the thin side in Hope's of making a carving set.I didn't know if I could forge really nice fork but I think I pulled it off.I figured who wouldn't want a classy Bowie knife for a meat carving knife for those special meals. Both the blade and the fork are forged in 1084 and dressed out in Turkish walnut. The knife has a mild steel gaurd with a bronze and black paper micarta spacer. If I new how to upload a couple of small videos I would as the walnut on these two are superb. Also the new shop out at the homestead is on hold till the price of lumber comes back down,I hauled the steel building out by snowmachine this winter with the intention of also purchasing and hauling the lumber for the foundation and floor but the price of a sheet of sub floor went from 35 dollars to 125 dollars a sheet so I hope it comes back down.
Beautiful work! That walnut looks amazing.

Back