A Few Folder Cases--My Own Designs

lyon-den

Hi,
I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd post a couple I've made for my own knives. Any help would be appreciated. I'm self taught and had to figure this out from scratch. Your thoughts and criticism would help and be appreciated. Always willing to learn.............
Thanks for looking,
Gary

Attachments

• Pat.jpg
    Pat.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1689.jpg
    DSCN1689.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 53
Hi Gary and welcome to the sheath forum. Unique and very cool designs.As far as the work goes, it looks pretty good. to improve ,I think you need to use a stitch groover or a set of dividers to recess your stitch line.The other problem is probably one of the most common ones with newer makers and that is the edges. Get yourself an edger, they come in several sizes ( I use a #3 most of the time), and some sandpaper if you don't have a power sander and sand your edges down to at least 400 grit.Then dampen your edge and burnish it.Burnishing can be down with a power burnisher or by hand with almost anything hard( I use antler tips), Most suppliers sell wooden or plastic burnishers.I think you'll see a big difference in overall appearance.Dave

HI Dave,
Thanks for the info. I will do as you suggest and get a burnisher, and sand my edges. Any and all suggestions are always welcomed. I had no one to teach me how to do these so I had to teach myself and make a whole lot of mistakes along the way but getting better. Much appreciated,
Gary

Back