A hunter and an ulu

The knife is absolutely unreal in the quality and detail!! The ulu with its shape is unique. I don't ever recall seeing a ulu with the one side, I like it!!! I must admit I never realized musk ox looked like that under the bark!

Mark I have been following your work for a long time! I was a member of another forum and that is where I meant you. I remember you had an avatar that you looked to be in your, mid to late 20's. I always wondered how the young man in the avatar got to be so damn good. Only a couple of years ago did I realize you were not as young as the avatar!! :p Please take that in the humorous context it was meant to be!!

Mark the level of your work just blows my mind! You sir are, the master! View attachment 68604
Thank you, the ulu shape is my signature shape. I created it several years ago and it has been copied from time to time. It's very popular with my customers.

In my avatar with the bear I was 30 years old shortly after I became a brown bear guide. I began making knives seriously in or about the year 2000 when I was 39. I am now 58, my birthday was yesterday in fact. So I have been seriously making knives for almost 20 years. Full time for about half of that. Thank you all for your very kind comments.

Back