A VERY special frame handle bowie...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
This knife means more to me than any other so far. I recently married the love of my life. We had a very nice, small, and quiet ceremony and reception here in Michigan. I made this knife for us to cut our wedding cake with. The handle represents our wedding colors, black and white. I used white g-10 for the handles. I don't know that white g-10 will ever have another application for me as a knifemaker again, but it worked well here. :) The inlay in the handle form two joined and twisted J's, which are the first initials of our names; John and Jennifer. The 'Twisted' filework on the blade and handle frame is one of my wife's favorite details and I thought it fitting as marriage 'twists' two lives into one.

Here are the specs:
Hand forged from 1075 steel, clay quenched and etched
Dimensions are from memory, 12 1/2" overall with a 7 1/2" blade, .210" thick at the ricasso
Twisted filework on the blade and handle frame
Black g-10 fittings with german silver spacers
Black g-10 frame
White g-10 scales
black carbon pin inlay

Thanks so much to Coop for the WONDERFUL images!

All comments are welcome.

Truly a work of art! And for all the right reasons! I wish you all the very best. As with that knife, marriage takes a lot of work. I am going on 14 years. So far the best 14 of my life.

Very beautiful knife, I love the way the color scheme and lines come together in great coordination for a perfect match.. the file work makes it look elegant and with an antique twist. Look forward to seeing more of your knives. This is the kind of knife I would have in my collection! :35:

Back