Aged Blade w/ Aluminum Flashing in Sheath

backtines

I made this one for a guy who wanted something with an aged look on the blade . So this is what I came up with .

As far as the sheath goes . I used a piece of aluminum flashing for the inlay. I thought it came out pretty cool .. I worked it the same way as I would with copper , you just cant get it as hot or it will fall away right in front of you .. I learned that the hard way a few times.. I used a few copper tacks for accents. The scales are diamond wood and the bolsters are 416 stainless with a brushed finish.

Sorry for the first pic.. Didnt realize the flash. The customer was looking over my shoulder while I was taking pics..

Looking great Mike.
It appears we're both going to be thinking out of the box for 2014. The "flashing" looks great but you could of said it was platinum....more classy. The blade has a nice tight pattern, reminds me of hair cell kydex.

Happy New Year,
Rudy

Mikey,
Great looking drop point and i'd swear you have added some more angle in the drop of the blade and handle on this one.
I really like both the knife and the sheath.

Thanks KT.. Brad its funny you say that . I was walking by the counter here at the shop . We sell mason supplies here as well . As I was grabbing a cup of coffee I noticed a customer buying a roll of Aluminum flashing. I kept looking at it on our counter while I was sipping my cup of joe.. And the lightbulb went on . The customer left , I went and grabbed a roll , cut off a piece and starter messin with it .. I found out that it can work as long as you dont get it too hot and I took it home and began to play .. lol .

Back