Any of our Knife makers have any bali's in there future plans?

Frstr8

Designated Dog Photo Chopper
Do any of our master craftsman here have any plans for making a balisong anytime soon? I know some of you have been thinking about it!

Master?- of my end of the couch,If I can make Maxx the Wonder Dog scootch over .

But Yes on a Bali, in future.
Bali fan since early 70s

Working on some now.;)Doing a Kraken in Chad Nichols SS damascus for the blade w/ blue annoed liners,topping it off with Desert Ironwood scales.My first fancy bali order.:D

Working on some now.;)Doing a Kraken in Chad Nichols SS damascus for the blade w/ blue annoed liners,topping it off with Desert Ironwood scales.My first fancy bali order.:D

rockon

Sounds very kewl! Are the scales going to be skeletonized like some of your others or solid. Not sure how well wood would work skeletonized.

Would it be possible to get some pictures? Maybe? For us bali junkies? Hmmm?

Last edited:
Raguel3,Yes the scales will be fully skelotonized.Ironwood is pretty dense wood,Should hold up good.

I'll definately post pics when it's finished.:D

New Bali's ooh yea i got like 6 pairs of handles machined and ready !! probably not going to play with them until the new year..
Still debating on insert's /Blades i have a hard time deciding if i want to use My Damascus or Stainless or M-2 tool steel ..i guess that is where i have the most problem is deciding which material's im going to use ??
Titanium Machined Handles deserve Ivory or something very rare as insert's ,as most custom makers only make a few over their entire "Making Carreer" Damascus Blades are Great but only a select few will properly care for them ..
Stainless handles and blades seem more popular beacuse they require less care/maintanence.. ive been "Out" of the main maker areas for a -while still making "Toy's" and just watching /lurking

New Bali's ooh yea i got like 6 pairs of handles machined and ready !! probably not going to play with them until the new year..
Still debating on insert's /Blades i have a hard time deciding if i want to use My Damascus or Stainless or M-2 tool steel ..i guess that is where i have the most problem is deciding which material's im going to use ??
Titanium Machined Handles deserve Ivory or something very rare as insert's ,as most custom makers only make a few over their entire "Making Carreer" Damascus Blades are Great but only a select few will properly care for them ..
Stainless handles and blades seem more popular beacuse they require less care/maintanence.. ive been "Out" of the main maker areas for a -while still making "Toy's" and just watching /lurking

Do a little of this and a little of that and take lots and lots of pictures. A WIP would be AWESOME! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

I got a new one in the works that is similar to one of my older ones, but until its perfected I cant show it of. I dont even know if I belong in a group this good....lol. Anyways...its gonna rock, and its gonna have one piece handles. :)

A couple on paper. Havn't had much time to start on one yet. But hoping to in the next month or two. 2thumbs

A couple on paper. Havn't had much time to start on one yet. But hoping to in the next month or two. 2thumbs

I would love to see your take on a bali. A "Fallout" bali would be awesome. Please keep us posted on this Jake!

Back