Anyone know the approx value of benchmade AFCK left hander

J

johndice

I recently acquired an original Benchmade AFCK ATS34 partially serrated knife .

It is not new , but is in very good condition .

i am probably not intersted in selling , but would appreciate knowing what it might realistically be worth .

it has a balisong butterfly stamped on the blade as well as the round butterfly symbol on the handle

By the way I am new to the Forum and this is my first posting .

Thank in advance for any hlep you guys/girls may be able to provide.

Last edited by a moderator:
The value will all be determined by condition and demand for the piece. I'm not an expert, but from what I understand most of the BM models value is greatly reduced if the piece shows any wear to it at all. Also, do you have the original box for the piece? This plays a big part to most collectors. If the piece you have shows any wear and does not have the original packaging, you are most likely looking at less than half of the original selling price of the piece. For example, I bought one of the original BM Mini-Strykers in pristine condition (w/o box) for $30 back in '06. Last year I bought a pristine NIB "Mini Skirmish" for less than half of MSRP.

With today's economy, production knives with large production runs aren't bringing MSRP. When you calculate in the fact that the piece has been used, it drops the value even more. If it were a Gold Class model, it may hold some value.

Good luck in your search for a value on this piece. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself to the pack so that members will know who they are addressing.

http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.php?59-Introduction-Page

Thanks for the knowledge

The value will all be determined by condition and demand for the piece. I'm not an expert, but from what I understand most of the BM models value is greatly reduced if the piece shows any wear to it at all. Also, do you have the original box for the piece? This plays a big part to most collectors. If the piece you have shows any wear and does not have the original packaging, you are most likely looking at less than half of the original selling price of the piece. For example, I bought one of the original BM Mini-Strykers in pristine condition (w/o box) for $30 back in '06. Last year I bought a pristine NIB "Mini Skirmish" for less than half of MSRP.

With today's economy, production knives with large production runs aren't bringing MSRP. When you calculate in the fact that the piece has been used, it drops the value even more. If it were a Gold Class model, it may hold some value.

Good luck in your search for a value on this piece. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself to the pack so that members will know who they are addressing.

http://knifedogs.com/forumdisplay.php?59-Introduction-Page

Thanks you for your advice and for sharing of knowledge in answering my question .
P.s I took your advice and introduced myslef on the Intro section of the forum . Thanks again !

Back