ATS34 and Curly Maple

Frank Aguirre

Here is one I am almost done with. Still need to mark and sharpen. It is 5/32" ats34. Thanks for looking.

9" OAL
Blade 4.75"
RC = 59-61 by Peters HT
Full flat grind with ScotchBrite finish

Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

I thought a machine finish was easier, and it may be but it is way easier to bungle things up. I have two goofups I have to figure out how to salvage where I left a little canal on the bevels from putting to much pressure on the handle while grinding.

That's what I'm saying. Machine IS easier but I've ended up putting a hand finish on every one I've tried to machine finish because I always F it up. Maybe somebody here will see this and help us out. I really like that knife, BTW.

Nice knife Frank! I like the swedge (I'm still too chicken to try one!)and the curly maple. How did you finish the wood?

Nice knife Frank! I like the swedge (I'm still too chicken to try one!)and the curly maple. How did you finish the wood?

Paul,

I shaped and sanded to 220 grit then fine scotchbrite belted it. The hand sanded to 600 grit and then buffed it with white compound.

Well its not natural Paul cause its stabilized. If it were natural maybe a few tung oil treatments would make it look purdy.

Back