Auction Knife

Great photos. I'm normally not a big fan of dyed woods, but boy that does look good. Who'd ever thought of white cedar looking that good. Good looking blade also, and you did a GREAT job of etching the Damascus

I like using dyed woods. It can be really nice when you find the right pieces.
Hey Randy, what kind of dye do you use? I've been using dry powder / alcohol solvent dyes and they are really intense... and, messy. I don't seem to get the color variation that you have in your handles.
Those are some mighty fine looking knives!
Bob

Hey Randy, what kind of dye do you use? I've been using dry powder / alcohol solvent dyes and they are really intense... and, messy. I don't seem to get the color variation that you have in your handles.
Those are some mighty fine looking knives!
Bob
Hi Bob! I don't dye them myself. I buy them from a couple of guys on Instagram. Gulf Coast Blanks and Exotic Blanks. Both guys are great to deal with and have quality products.

Knife and sheath are both gorgeous, Randy. But you teased us with the "orange liners" description and then all we got to see was one little speck in that first photo. Any chance you might add a photo that really shows off the liners?

Back